Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, my Sol is in and I asked the dealership if they could wait till after my interview next week to see if I have a job.(two weeks max).
Of course they(SM) said no. you have till today so they can get it on sept books!
I will go ask the dealership GM but I had seen posted somewhere that we had till Dec 14th.
Any thoughts?
I talked to HQ and and talking with GM/pontiac marketing and customer service and they say so far, there are no rules. and we can't help you. And get the guidelines from the dealership.

Probably I am out of a car, but can someone point me to the thread with the guidelines so I ave something to show the GM even though it's unenforcible.

btw, wish me a happy birthday today. :party:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Karen1506 said:
As some of you know, my Sol is in and I asked the dealership if they could wait till after my interview next week to see if I have a job.(two weeks max).
Of course they(SM) said no. you have till today so they can get it on sept books!
I will go ask the dealership GM but I had seen posted somewhere that we had till Dec 14th.
Any thoughts?
I talked to HQ and and talking with GM/pontiac marketing and customer service and they say so far, there are no rules. and we can't help you. And get the guidelines from the dealership.

Probably I am out of a car, but can someone point me to the thread with the guidelines so I ave something to show the GM even though it's unenforcible.

btw, wish me a happy birthday today. :party:
Get the car I'm Being laid off But I'm still getting my car
If I can't afford it down the road I will have no Trouble Selling It

·
5,641 Posts
The only deadline type date I can see going through my Solstice folder is the dealine of December 31, 2005 for using the GMAC special offers that were included in the mailing the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice buyers received late August.

I have seen the December date you reference in other posts. I can find nothing in my notes that talks about it. It may have been something that was referred to in a letter or eMail from Pontiac. We do not have cpoies of all of those, as we didn't have a buyer in the group.

The only mention in the "rules" for delivery timing is this: "Dealer is responsible for delivering the vehicle to its customer promptly following Dealer's receipt of the vehicle".

There is also a push by Pontiac to get the cars reported delivered by Month/Quarter end of September 30, 2005. So it is understandable that a dealership would also want to help "make" thier months numbers.

Another thing that could come into play maybe the wording on any purhcase agreement or buyer's order you signned. I have posted before language from the State of Massachusetts' forms. "I agree to accept delivery of the vehicle purchased by me within forty-eight hours after I have been notified by you that it is ready for delivery...." . If Nebraska has a simular policy, the dealership could hold you to it.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

GO RED SOX!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Karen1506 said:
:
Good New, The SM (Ed) at plaza pontiac changed his mine and gave me the two week extention and I agreed that it was right for me to release it to them if the job prosoect didn't work out. There was no need to ask the GM.

So, anyhow Plaza Pontiac is going by the book and being considerate as well. If I do not buy this car, they will go down the list. This is a good thing as I now feel comfortable in ordering a far distant sol from thier dealership in the future. And that is the general idea of how things should work.

Btw, no thanks to the person who called (using my name) trying to buy the car and then stating (after caught) they heard on the internet it was for sale. I guess I should have well expected that but I guess it is a warning to those who try to help others out at MSRP. Don't bother or be a whole lot smarter about it than I.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its mine jim!!! #93 has been destroyed or something!!!! Jesus christ already!! WHERE IS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y.T. said:
Its mine jim!!! #93 has been destroyed or something!!!! Jesus christ already!! WHERE IS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's worse is they said they would go DOWN the list. Tom, I'm beginning to think your right, it's in the back and everyone is urinating on it. :brentil:
Well, I'm wondering why mine is getting pawed at and #77 has ropes around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts