1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sorry, I had to vote for the Ford GT. Weird poll, grouping Ferraris with Cobalts and Toyota Tacomas. Based on favorites where money is no object, Ford GT for me. Interesting though, that the Mustang is beating out all the more exotic and higher performance cars. It goes contrary to the artical that Forbes wrote that almost implied you have to be a "crazy car nut" to buy American, and how lack luster and obsolete American cars are. They obviously swooned over the Ferrari in the slide show but the people on their site are picking the Mustang hands down. If I had to pick a car that I could actually afford out of that group, I too would have chosen the Mustang.

Shows how important exterior styling is. The new C6 is no doubt the best Corvette ever on the race track, but it's styling, while very good, is a little uninspiring. IMHO it is in no way the best looking Vette ever, and the new Mustang, which is probably one of the best looking Mustangs ever, is beating a more expensive, more competent, car in a cost-is-no-object poll. Just kind of interesting.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Wow, is there anything more annoying than ads with sound?

If you can stand the musical ads long enough, check out the 'best roads' article. It parallels our thread about great drives.

I had forgotton how beautiful the drive is heading north out of Durango Colorado, should have mentioned it here.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I just went back to that poll to see how it was going, only to find it is a total swindle. It alowed me to vote twice from the same ip address!!! How accurate is that?!! Pretty lame poll, no wonder the Mustang and Corvette are doing so well, either there are losers out there without a life voting over and over, or Ford and GM are voting over and over. I am pretty nieve when it comes to the internet, and I just got suckered again. I will now know better than to participate in a commercial site's poll again. :rolleyes

·
Registered
151 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I had forgotton how beautiful the drive is heading north out of Durango Colorado
i actually came through the opposite way one time, and have to agree

it's like experiencing all four seasons in quite a short time

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Maybe when people vote for their favorite new car, they tend to lean towards the Corvette or Mustang because of all the press and attention those cars get. They are instantly recognizable nameplates, and people can immediately picture them and know what they are about. But the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti? Except for the biggest enthusiasts who devour every automotive magazine, article and news story, people are not going to be all that familiar with this car or what it looks like. The Ferrari name resonates, but they still do not really know what this car is.

Also, how much people can relate to the vehicles on that list may be a factor too. Most people can afford a Mustang, and I bet many who would read Forbes also can afford a Corvette. Tons of people aspire to own Mustangs and especially ‘Vettes. But a Ferrari, or even the Ford GT? They know these are great cars, but they may not give them as much attention as say a Mustang which they could actually own someday (or already own). Again, not just ultra-enthusiasts, but casual enthusiasts as well.

I don’t think it’s a surprise those cars are in the lead. The real surprise is that hundreds of people voted for the new Dakota, Tacoma, Ford 500, etc. Those choices must have been made on practicality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts