Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a student and I'm actually working to design a Sosltice 3D model. I use basically images found on the web as reference, because I do not have a real car to check live.

I'm wondering if someone here can help me to get an accurate measurement of the distance between the two exit cuts of side windows (basically between the center of glass weatherstrips).

Your help would be very appreciated. :grouphug:

thanks in advance.

Pablo.

Some picture for reference:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pablo this measures 58" across the steering wheel face from window sill to window sill.

If you need it, the measurement drops to 57" just past the door locks where the door meets the side of the back of the top. Meaning the measurement pinches in a bit as you go to the back of the car

Edit: or what he said - I measured to the inside of weatherstrip.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
At the mirrors. Center of weatherstrips, 57 3/4"
I'm always a little surprised at how wide our cars really are. They're short but wide.......kinda like me.:yesnod:

Good luck with the project...keep us informed as it goes.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I might be interested in one if you are building multiples!! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys :thumbs:

I would need a further help: the seats distance. Basically the distance between the two seats's longitudinal center lines.

you can take it from the centers of top headrests.

many thanks.

Pablo.

·
Registered
564 Posts
interesting thread! What made you choose the Solstice? A no-brainer for us of course, just interested in your perspective. Good luck with project and yes please post your project when completed(if you so choose of course). Who knows, it could be a business opportunity. I'll take one in white :thumbs:

Bert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts