Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-mail from my dealer: Can someone translate this?

"YOUR ORDER WILL BE PULLED WITH TODAY'S ALLOCATION, THERE IS CONSTRAINTS WITH YOUR ORDER, HOWEVER WE ARE ALLOWED 1 WITH YOUR PACKAGE."

I ordered Deep, ABS, LSD, Conv Pack, Power Pack and Leather (Black) and Polished wheels. I was told i was the first of 5 at the dealership...I was their when they placed my Apprentice order....but I'm not one of the 1st 1K.

Was it the leather that is being limited?

RadRiv

·
5,641 Posts
RADRIV said:
E-mail from my dealer: Can someone translate this?

"YOUR ORDER WILL BE PULLED WITH TODAY'S ALLOCATION, THERE IS CONSTRAINTS WITH YOUR ORDER, HOWEVER WE ARE ALLOWED 1 WITH YOUR PACKAGE."

I ordered Deep, ABS, LSD, Conv Pack, Power Pack and Leather (Black) and Polished wheels. I was told i was the first of 5 at the dealership...I was their when they placed my Apprentice order....but I'm not one of the 1st 1K.

Was it the leather that is being limited?

It means that today is Thursday the first day of a dealer order cycle. Your dealer has looked on VOMS and received two reports. The allocation report shows them that they can get a Solstice order "picked up", which will be yours :thumbs: . They have also looked at their constraint allocation report and seen that they will be allocation one Premium Package (80% availability) Your order includes the Premium Package, so you are in the clear.

The other constraint this week is, chrome wheels at 10% availability

After reading Brentil's interpetation of your email, that may be a bad "however" and not the "its ok" kind of "however" I read it to be.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Sounds like what your dealer is saying is

YOUR ORDER WILL BE PULLED WITH TODAY'S ALLOCATION: GM is going to pick up your order soon, which once that is done you can't make changes

THERE IS CONSTRAINTS WITH YOUR ORDER: more then likely saying your order falls in the list of constrained items which is currently only leather I believe (and chrome wheels according to SD now that they're out)

HOWEVER WE ARE ALLOWED 1 WITH YOUR PACKAGE: this dealership knows they can order one car so far with the constrained package

However what the dealer didn't say is if the one package they can order and your car being ordered are the same. I'd call and double check to find out if that's what they meant.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks B and SD.

I guess I interpret the "however" as my order and the restricted order are the same. Otherwise why would they tell me. I will call him to make sure.

Thanks again,

RadRiv

·
Registered
905 Posts
I lucked out at my dealer, the #1 guy/girl didn't get a decked car at all, pretty plain jane, made my order very easy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts