Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I need some help with codes my car is throwing. It’s a 2008 GXP with a hanh intercooler K&N cold air intake, borla exhaust. The codes I’m currently getting are P2187, P0101, and P050A. Any ideas on what these three in combination could mean? The car only has 13k miles on it. This randomly happened the other day with no warning. The car begins to struggle with boost, lunging forward and stoping and lunging again, is the best way I can describe it, with very low power output. I’m new to solstices and would really appreciate any input here. Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
Are you also new to cars in general? All of these are pretty common fault codes that are not unique to the Solstice.

P0101: MAF Performance: Air leak, contaminated MAF sensor, or damaged MAF sensor
P050A: Cold Start Idle Air Performance: Check other DTCs first
P2187: Fuel Trim Lean at Idle: Check other DTCs first

Probably an air leak, unless you are using an oiled air filter, then it could be that.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Hey! I need some help with codes my car is throwing. It’s a 2008 GXP with a hanh intercooler K&N cold air intake, borla exhaust. The codes I’m currently getting are P2187, P0101, and P050A. Any ideas on what these three in combination could mean? The car only has 13k miles on it. This randomly happened the other day with no warning. The car begins to struggle with boost, lunging forward and stoping and lunging again, is the best way I can describe it, with very low power output. I’m new to solstices and would really appreciate any input here. Thanks so much!
What John said but I would add one thing. If you have an oiled filter, you don't necessarily have to discard it. Take it out, wash the oil out, dry it thoroughly, and reinstall. If it proves to be a contaminated maf sensor, you can buy a spray can of cleaner made especially for maf sensors at any auto supply store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts