Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need help i am looking to either fix my rear glove box or get another door the door i have right now isnt locking shut. when i have the top down it keeps opening and closing.

Any ideas where i can get another door or fix it????

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I would first find out WHY it opens. Is the catch broken? Or is is just not aligning right? Until you know the reason, replacing it may not help (or at least, an unnecessary expense).

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
I'm thinking he/she is actually talking about the rear deck lid. I can't see a glove box door "opening and closing" when the top is down. Unless there's a hell of a lot of turbulence that would blow the glove box shut.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I didn't say I was being an ash hole, I was just looking like an ass, two completely different things! I was a little confused between the two threads regarding the same topic, and had only read the other thread and mis-understood TS's post(on the other thread)

Bert

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Yeah, I don't call mine a glove box but knew what he meant. You're supposed to posh in the knob and turn it but if the PO just yanked on it then it wears out the lock. the 07 or whatever year the loaner car I drove was like that but not as bad as yours. if nothing looks broke or worn then a little WD40 may do the trick.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
yeah, "more is better" is the key here when it comes to poshing your button. my bad, I tend to get in a hurry. microsoft only has spell check, not idiot check.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts