Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another thread about how pissed someone is for having to wait. I just got an e-mail from my dealer and my car is still not released for shippment . I started to reply with my disapointment then erased it and simply said "thanks". Thought I would vent here.

I know some have waited longer than me and I can understand how they feel but it is hard to wait when you see cars that are hundreds higher in vin getting shipped. It only makes me wonder did they do that piss poor of a job building mine that it will take so long to get released? Here we are going into september and by the time they get it corrected and released then shipped I guess I wont get it until October and I am wondering if I am going to realy be that happy when it comes in or just have a it's about time attutide and have to take the thing home and store it for the winter only to get that much more of a bad feeling seeing that thing set there all winter waiting for a chance to drive it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
What's your VIN # again ateam?

I keep thinking this will be the week for all us. Some week I'll be right :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
I feel for you. :( I guess it's different if you've been waiting for an EOP, hoping to get it "any day now" for months. But, as they say, it could be worse. At least your not seeing others on the road knowing your is still somewhere in Purgatory. :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Don't worry, they're just breaking the car in for you doing burnouts and doughnuts in the factory parking lot while no one is looking... ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Just a thank you letter to all of you

This is just a thank you letter to all of you 1k guys. It was so nice of you win the contest so that your cars could be the test vehicles for the rest of us. I don't know how I could ever thank you for letting GM work out all the bugs on your cars so that when I get my car it will function perfectly.

You're all my personal heroes. :grouphug:

Thank you,
SlipSlider
:glol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Is the car even real?

Are we really just test subjects for a sick game of how long someone can last without snapping? I'm starting to think I'm part of a research project. Has anyone seen the movie 40 Days and 40 Nights where the main character gave up sex for Lent? I see striking similarities waiting for the Solstice. I haven't quite developed the shakes or woken up in a cold sweat but I know it's coming.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Sorry you haven't gotten the car yet. Hopefully you will have it soon! Just remember, there are worse things than having to wait a little longer for your new Sol. Just think of all those poor people in the gulf states right now.

Just hang in there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the things that get me is at the Detroit party we were not told that we would still be waiting months that our cars were going to trickle out. I would say that everyone left there thinking the wait was pretty much over and our cars would be here very soon. Why the hell didn't they say you wont see many at all for over a month and a half then people wouldn't have gotten so pissed.

I have my Pontiac Club meeting tonight and they always ask for and update and atlhough I have always been positive with them tonight I am not. I am going to tell them that I have no expectation of getting this car anytime soon or before I have to store it for the winter and that GM has lead us on with their false promises starting with the June/July delivery and that they have built hundreds of cars that are just setting because they are not fit to ship.

Like I said I expect nothing less than perfect if this cars shows up. I have said in the past that I would overlook some things knowing they are mass produced but now I am going to be very picky and it better not have a bunch of evidence of rework. I don't want to see a bunch of wore out bolt heads and scratched off paint at the adjustment points that will just invite rust. Having restored cars I can say that it is hard to get better than the original build. When you take things apart you have to be real good to get them back together right with no rattles and damage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
ateam_77 said:
One of the things that get me is at the Detroit party we were not told that we would still be waiting months that our cars were going to trickle out. I would say that everyone left there thinking the wait was pretty much over and our cars would be here very soon. Why the hell didn't they say you wont see many at all for over a month and a half then people wouldn't have gotten so pissed.

I have my Pontiac Club meeting tonight and they always ask for and update and atlhough I have always been positive with them tonight I am not. I am going to tell them that I have no expectation of getting this car anytime soon or before I have to store it for the winter and that GM has lead us on with their false promises starting with the June/July delivery and that they have built hundreds of cars that are just setting because they are not fit to ship.

Like I said I expect nothing less than perfect if this cars shows up. I have said in the past that I would overlook some things knowing they are mass produced but now I am going to be very picky and it better not have a bunch of evidence of rework. I don't want to see a bunch of wore out bolt heads and scratched off paint at the adjustment points that will just invite rust. Having restored cars I can say that it is hard to get better than the original build. When you take things apart you have to be real good to get them back together right with no rattles and damage.
:agree: Totally!

We are hearing that there may be some problems with the cars (trim colors, fit, finish, whatever). That's fine but... they should have anticipated this!

:cuss: Either the apprentence show shouldn't have been until June... or they should have started building the first 1000 in May!

If I'd have known I wouldn't have my car before Labor day -- I really don't think I would have ordered it! (I would've waited for a GXP model).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
here is another :rant: Vin 607 assigned two weeks ago and labeled " in transit" . so now my juices are flowin.... just got off the phone with my dealer a few minutes ago. Car build date 08/29 yesterday. Anticipated ship date 09/21. What the #$%@? This is ridiculous and I demand an explanation. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
solkool said:
here is another :rant: Vin 607 assigned two weeks ago and labeled " in transit" . so now my juices are flowin.... just got off the phone with my dealer a few minutes ago. Car build date 08/29 yesterday. Anticipated ship date 09/21. What the #$%@? This is ridiculous and I demand an explanation. :mad:
Why the hell would it take them almost a month to ship the damn car?!?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Sorry you haven't gotten the car yet. Hopefully you will have it soon! Just remember, there are worse things than having to wait a little longer for your new Sol. Just think of all those poor people in the gulf states right now.

Just hang in there!
AMEN, brother. Those poor souls along the gulf coast are going to have thier lives interrupted for months to come.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
mcbman said:
We are hearing that there may be some problems with the cars (trim colors, fit, finish, whatever). That's fine but... they should have anticipated this!
I think they could have built me 4 new cars in the time it's taking to fix whatever is wrong with the first ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Shipping is 4 weeks +

I can tell you for a fact that it is running 4 weeks ++++++ and still counting. My car was built 7/28 and shipped 8/15 and date to be delivered 8/22 and it is still not here 8/30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Transit times ARE long, up to 30 days...

In case we've all forgotten, the research that Small Dealer did and published at link to: Transit Time Research shows considerable shipping time. Many destinations are beyond the 3 week (21 day) mark:
Small Dealer said:
Boston, MA (3).............21 Days
2-Baltimore, MD (5).........4 Days (Plant is in Baltimore)
2-Richmond, VA (0)
2-Norfolk, VA (3)...........10 Days
2-Philadelphia, PA (5).......6 Days
Columbus, OH (2)...........5 Days
Detroit, MI (5)..............16 Days
Miami, FL (1)................24 Days
2-Orlando, FL (2)..........39 Days (Last Sept/Oct, Hurricane effect?)
2-Jacksonvile, FL (1).....30 Days
Atlanta, GA (4).............18 Days
Kansas City, MO (1).......24 Days
Midland, TX (0)
Phoenix, AZ (3).............15 Days
Salt Lake City, UT (0)
Los Angeles, CA (0)
Oakland, CA (2).............17 Days
San Diego (4)................17 Days
Seattle, WA (3).............20 Days
These were for a different vehicle which was not a new platform, so the wait could be longer yet when the new platform startup is factored in...

From what we've seen, they are holding true. I'm expecting a 24 to 30 day shipping time.

That's what it's really about, expectations. There's no point in getting worked up into a lather about the stuff you cannot control--that's the stuff of stress, concern without control.... Just stay cool. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
beech23 said:
I can tell you for a fact that it is running 4 weeks ++++++ and still counting. My car was built 7/28 and shipped 8/15 and date to be delivered 8/22 and it is still not here 8/30
Sure it has been shipped????

Like planes in a holding pattern, ALMOST on the ground and no place to land.

Hoping the best for all of you, I still don't have my VIN #. 999???? 1000????

Could be!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
In case we've all forgotten, the research that Small Dealer did and published at link to: Transit Time Research shows considerable shipping time. Many destinations are beyond the 3 week (21 day) mark: These were for a different vehicle which was not a new platform, so the wait could be longer yet when the new platform startup is factored in...

From what we've seen, they are holding true. I'm expecting a 24 to 30 day shipping time.

That's what it's really about, expectations. There's no point in getting worked up into a lather about the stuff you cannot control--that's the stuff of stress, concern without control.... Just stay cool. :cool:
The Ohio - 5 days - sure doesn't hold up!

There are like 10 going to Ohio that were built some time ago. :cuss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
GM refuses to devote more resources

I'm with all of you, but I've really done my ranting. GM has managed to drain almost all enthusiasm from me regarding this car. (Built 7/18, est ship 8/2). They could speed the process if they chose to by devoting more human resource to fixing the problems, but I have been told they have only two people per shift devoted to the fixes, which only takes care of about 7 cars per day.

THIS JUST IN: While I was writing this, I got a call from David Cope at Pontiac Customer Service, who was following up on a letter I sent last week regarding delays. He sort of listened (and also cut me off several times) to my frustration in the delivery delay. He said they are gathering information to see how they can better serve us customers (whatever that means). He told me to rest assured that my car would be coming soon. We'll see.

Anyway, in closing, I've resigned myself not to expect it until the end of October, regardless of it's condition, so that GM doesn't breach their 180 day promise. :grouphug:
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top