Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my dealer late this afternoon because they had five Sols there. Finally got to sit in one, top up and top down. Felt great either way. Anyway, whle I was there I talked to the inventory manager (my salesman is a really nice young guy, but there's a lot he's still learning, and I think maybe that's why I wasn't clear until today about where I am, or maybe I just don't ask the right questions. But I would recommend him to anyone because he is very pleasant to work with). I found out that I am outside of they're second allocation (which is what I thought I was in), so unless someone drops out or they get more allocated, it will be another year from now before I get my car. :cryin: He did say that there might be a couple of orders that don't tend up taking delivery. Big problem, though. No AC. It gets up to 115+ degrees here some days in the summer. I really haven't considered AC an option for a long time. I drive my 65 Malibu convertible in which the AC quit working about 20 years ago, but only short distances in hot weather. I guess when they come in I could find out if they could be retrofitted with AC. Anyone know? I'm a patient man (although everytime I see one the patience factor drops considerably) but I need another car by next June because of several factors out of my control. So, this wasn't a happy day for me. But, of such is life. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Zolsol said:
Why not get one now on Ebay for a little over msrp. Prolly worth it.
Really? Why not shop around and get one at MSRP that someone had to back out of? They are out there!

By the way, how could a dealer in AZ even think about ordering a new car without A/C?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I do hate to see peoples excitement on this site for this car end up in dissapointment.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Editguy, I live in Phoenix and I have a Black Fully Loaded (Except upgraded sound) comming in sometime in November of this year. I have been on my dealers list since April and the latest word is November Delivery. If you are Seriouse about getting a Solstice this year I have decided to let tis one go, and since you live here in the Vally it would be all the more easy! Either Privete message me or reply to this thread and we can work out the logistics....

·
4,592 Posts
Sorry to hear. HOpe the chefmartin offer works out, or something else. I'll keep an eye on so cal inventories for you!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
chefmartin said:
Editguy, I live in Phoenix and I have a Black Fully Loaded (Except upgraded sound) comming in sometime in November of this year. I have been on my dealers list since April and the latest word is November Delivery. If you are Seriouse about getting a Solstice this year I have decided to let tis one go, and since you live here in the Vally it would be all the more easy! Either Privete message me or reply to this thread and we can work out the logistics....
One of the many reasons this forum is the BEST!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, I have PM'd chefmartin so hope we can work things out. And thanks Rodeo for keeping an eye out in Southern Cal. And as SolsticeWaiting said, this forum is the best. And I have thought that for some time now!

·
5,600 Posts
Bummer!

·
2,574 Posts
In my opinion, if you want one there will be plenty of oportunities to get one if you're vigilant here. I also think someone at your dealership will have a change of circumstances and there will be some availability. I continue to hear of cancellations regularly. Finally, the air conditioning thing makes no sense to me. I gotta think a Sol ordered without AIR is a very rare bird indeed. There's no way in hell you'll have to resort to retrofitting Air Conditioning. It's possible you may be over reacting to bad news and I think something positive will happen for you and you will be behind the wheel before you know it. Keep the faith and someone here will bail you out, Edit. Trust the "Power of The Forum" ;)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
birdliver said:
In my opinion, if you want one there will be plenty of oportunities to get one if you're vigilant here. I also think someone at your dealership will have a change of circumstances and there will be some availability. I continue to hear of cancellations regularly. Finally, the air conditioning thing makes no sense to me. I gotta think a Sol ordered without AIR is a very rare bird indeed. There's no way in hell you'll have to resort to retrofitting Air Conditioning. It's possible you may be over reacting to bad news and I think something positive will happen for you and you will be behind the wheel before you know it. Keep the faith and someone here will bail you out, Edit. Trust the "Power of The Forum" ;)
I do trust the forum, and I know that one way or another I will get a Sol and I believe before I absolutely have to have another car next June! It boggles my mind that they ordered two Sols without AC in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. Even if I was just going to use the car occasionally as a recreational car I wouldn't buy one here without AC. Resale or tradein value would take a big hit. And without AC I would be wanting to sell or trade later to get one with. So there's no way I will take one without AC. If I find one through someone on here I will leave my order with the dealer because that will be about the time my brother will be ready to buy one. Thanks for the encouragement!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I got mine without AC, but then I'm in Maryland and I wanted to shave 60lbs off the cars weight :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adrenaline said:
I got mine without AC, but then I'm in Maryland and I wanted to shave 60lbs off the cars weight :)
Get one without AC in Arizona and you'll shave 60lbs off your own weight! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Sorry to hear that Editguy. :grouphug:
When I was young and broke, I never gave AC a thought. Now that I'm old and broke, it's a necessity.

As sage birdliver says: Trust the "Power of the Forum" Solwalker. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Editguy said:
Went to my dealer late this afternoon because they had five Sols there. Finally got to sit in one, top up and top down. Felt great either way. Anyway, whle I was there I talked to the inventory manager (my salesman is a really nice young guy, but there's a lot he's still learning, and I think maybe that's why I wasn't clear until today about where I am, or maybe I just don't ask the right questions. But I would recommend him to anyone because he is very pleasant to work with). I found out that I am outside of they're second allocation (which is what I thought I was in), so unless someone drops out or they get more allocated, it will be another year from now before I get my car. :cryin: He did say that there might be a couple of orders that don't tend up taking delivery. Big problem, though. No AC. It gets up to 115+ degrees here some days in the summer. I really haven't considered AC an option for a long time. I drive my 65 Malibu convertible in which the AC quit working about 20 years ago, but only short distances in hot weather. I guess when they come in I could find out if they could be retrofitted with AC. Anyone know? I'm a patient man (although everytime I see one the patience factor drops considerably) but I need another car by next June because of several factors out of my control. So, this wasn't a happy day for me. But, of such is life. ;)

Editguy has one for sale in CA. you should call him.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
One of the many reasons this forum is the BEST!
Editguy, remember to use the power of the Forum when seeking a Solstice.

May the Forum be with you. :thumbs:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Editguy said:
................ and I think maybe that's why I wasn't clear until today about where I am, or maybe I just don't ask the right questions. ......... I found out that I am outside of they're second allocation (which is what I thought I was in).........So, this wasn't a happy day for me. But, of such is life. ;)
This makes me wonder how many of those 7000+ April orders are going to find themselves in the same predicament. I think Small Dealer predicted this awhile back when he suggested that some of the very early orders may not be the first ones to get their cars. :willy:

Good luck Editguy, hope you find one soon. :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
deluke said:
Editguy has one for sale in CA. you should call him.
Um, I am Editguy and I don't have one for sale in California? :lol: Who were you thinking of?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts