Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope it helps somebody...

Re: 2006 MY Solstice – OnStar Availability (UE1)

Date: May 20, 2005

Since OnStar (UE1) is anticipated to be available with production beginning in September/October 2005, all VOM Orders with OnStar (UE1) have been changed to remove (UE1). Once OnStar (UE1) becomes available to order, (UE1) will be added to the VOM Spec Tables, OnLine Order Guide, and GM AutoBook, and will need to be re-added to any Solstice orders on your Order Bank, at that time, if OnStar is desired.

This notice is being sent only to those dealers with orders that have been changed. The affected orders are identified on the attached spreadsheet.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
So, this can be interpreted to mean that the first vehicles will be completed before Sep/Oct? I sure hope the vehicles get out to everyone by the end of June.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
So, this can be interpreted to mean that the first vehicles will be completed before Sep/Oct? I sure hope the vehicles get out to everyone by the end of June.
Don't read that much into it. What it means is that any dealer who placed an order for OnStar, will have OnStar removed from that order. So, once OnStar is available, if the car has not already been built by the factory, the dealer will have to add OnStar back onto the order to get it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Let me get this straight. My regular allocation order should have been already pulled from VOM?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
todd_raleigh said:
Let me get this straight. My regular allocation order should have been already pulled from VOM?
If your order included OnStar, they just removed OnStar from you order. You still have your place in line, so to speak, but it is up the the salesperson/dealer to let you know (you will prolly hear it here first :lol: ) that it is off of constraint, and then it can be amended to the order. That is why there is an attachment to view...if your order was affected, it will be on that list.

·
5,641 Posts
By the time the "Apprentice" and mid-April had come around, OnStar had been removed from the list of orderable options. This PDF file is just cars dealers had ordered in late March and early April, when OnStar was still on the list. This appears to be just a house cleaning move on Pontiacs part to make sure the order bank is all buildable.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I talked with my dealer on Friday and he said the orders haven't been pulled from VOM. So, I'm wondering if something is wrong. Should my normal allocation car be marked somehow in VOM as being pulled into the next step?

thanks.

p.s. I don't have onstar and don't want it.

·
5,641 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I talked with my dealer on Friday and he said the orders haven't been pulled from VOM. So, I'm wondering if something is wrong. Should my normal allocation car be marked somehow in VOM as being pulled into the next step?
The first order cycle where a car order could be pulled from dealer's order bank has been scheduled for starting June 2nd. Haven't seen any change yet. When a dealer may see an order pulled will depend on the number of orders they have, the amount of their four month allocation, and how it is broken down by month then finally by week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts