Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm betting that the '07 model will be identical to the '06 but......
Most sources say there'll be a turbo charged version for '07. With the extra HP comes lower gas mileage. With lower gas mileage comes a real world cruising range getting not that much more than 200 miles, if that. What if GM decided to spend the extra bucks for a more expensive but better designed larger gas tank. I'm thinking along the lines of a BMW-ish saddle tanks that extend below the trunk floor. The added benefit, besides a larger tank, would be more trunk space. Especially if the turbo got a larger tank with a convoluted bottom and the normal version got a tank with the same bottom but a smaller, but less tall tank. The extra development costs could be added to the turbo package.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Supposedly the fuel tank design is very heavily influenced by the need for spacing with the AFBTS's as well. If GM designed a roof that didn't have them that would also help a lot as well I bet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.