Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mrs stuck & me are needing some shrimp and wanted to get this done before it gets toooooooo thick down there. So, if any of the Southern Contingent would like to come and play, we'd lurv to see y'all. Basically, the only plans we have so far are putting a whooping on the local Penaeus Aztecus population. :thumbs:

For anybody else that want to come hang, we're staying at the BEST WESTERN Webster Hotel NASA, 889 W Bay Area Boulevard, Webster , Texas Phone: 281/338-6000. Spitting distance from the Johnson Space Center. There's an interweb special for $80 a night at Bestwstern.com. Cheap for Houston. We'll be heading down I-45 sometime Friday morning and heading North sometime Sunday morning. :cheers: :woo:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Calling all Houston Kappa's. We are planning on getting together to show Stuck where to get some shrimp. We will start Saturday morning, 4/18 shightseeing with a quick drive to San Jac Monument/Battleship Texas. Then cruse down to Galveston for the day. Ending the day at Floyd's for shimp.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it... :leaving:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Stuck & TXo8manualGXP, I almost wish I lived in Texas just because of you guys. :lol:

That's a long drive from East Tennessee though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dave it has been waaaaay to long. It will be good to see you again. Carmen wants to go to Floyd's.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not sure when the Big D crowd will be arriving on Friday but they will need to eat shrimp. I'll bring them over to the Swamp Shack. Will nail down the time soon.

Saturday morning we will meet at the BW on Bay Area Blvd at 8:30. Roll out for the San Jac Monument at 9:00

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please tell me what BW means? I am thinking Beltway but want to make sure.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BEST WESTERN Webster Hotel NASA, 889 W Bay Area Boulevard, Webster.

...Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Now that I'm retired, it has to be something extra special to have me out of the house that early. But this definitely meets that criteria.

I only mentioned Benno's as an option. Floyd's sounds great.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For everyone that wants to meet for shrimp and drinks on Friday we are going to meet at Swamp Shack in Kemah at 6:00.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Family stuff has come up for both Friday night and Saturday morning but I'm pretty sure I'll see you at Floyd's around six. Disappointed. Had wanted to do the Battleship/Galveston thing.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Family stuff has come up for both Friday night and Saturday morning but I'm pretty sure I'll see you at Floyd's around six. Disappointed. Had wanted to do the Battleship/Galveston thing.
Dave, I'm sorry you you can't join us tonight or tomorrow. We will be at Floyd's in Hitchcock at 7:00 Saturday night. Hope to see you there.:thumbs:

·
Registered
431 Posts
well crap. I live minutes from webster, but don't check the forum enough :(

Hope y'all had a great time.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We had a ball. Despite Houston trying to flood the car out, blind us on the highway with rain like I've never seen and knocking the power out of our hotel. Other than that, it was a great time. :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
We had a ball. Despite Houston trying to flood the car out, blind us on the highway with rain like I've never seen and knocking the power out of our hotel. Other than that, it was a great time. :lol: :thumbs:
Glad to hear that y'all had a good time in spite of the weather/power problems.

How was the shrimp? Boiled, fried or what?

Yogi

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was wonderful. But mainly it was good hanging with CLSOL, 1KULSOL, tommyO & Carm. Always a good time when we can get together. :thumbs:
There was shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There was pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it... ;)

We will be doing that again, prolly in the fall after we're sick of melting up here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts