Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've been wondering that too. Maybe he got bored with the forum because we don't really have much new to talk about, or he bought some other car and is focusing on that forum. Paggett are you and your bunny still out there?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Your right, he has been missing for a while. He must have needed a Solstice vacation! Hope he comes back soon! Were too small to lose our best people already!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
God Bless you Solsticeman!

OOHH, pikachu, I thought you sneezed!

Here is his avatar if it works (not all of them are right now). Its not a pikachu, anyone know what character it is?

PS, anyone know why the image shows as a link? I put the
around the address?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think it's an old Nick cartoon possibly. Definately not a Pokemon.
It's because that's not a link to an image, but a link to a .php script. The php script genrates the image and outputs it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Everyone can still see it anyway, so no big deal.

we need Padgett to come back and give us the story behind his avatar!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Will give you a hint: Was before Rocky (no, not Sly).

Absence was not so much lack of interest as lack of time and excessive travel. Have now transferred to a different division of my employer that is based in Orlando rather than DC so one less sword dangling. Have been having some interesting weather lately which also occupied my attention a bit.

Also recently sold my Fiero so now have a slot available in the garage (have an agreement with wife about the number of cars. Can be pretty much anything I want as long as not more than five). Looked at a few motorcycles but decided against that.

Major problem with Solstice will be justifying the price for a toy. OTOH all of my cars since 1978 have been Pontiacs with the exception of the Reatta (and if Pontiac had built one, would have had it). Am even considering finding someone who will swap a Solstice for my '70 Judge (http://6007.us/judge.htm ) but not certain I really want to do that.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah-Ha! I knew I'd seen your avatar before...

Wow. Haven't seen C.R., in, well, ever...

I remember seeing bits of it on TV one time, but I thought it was a bad joke. I remember saying "man, that looks like Rocky on drugs..."

When did it run? 1950's?

·
Registered
275 Posts
C.R. was the ->first<- television cartoon (predating Hanna-Barbera by several years). Suspect I discovered it in reruns (used to flip to "Have Gun Will Travel" during commercials). Were in B&W so not much demand once color took over. Have been using as a mascot for quite some time. Reasonably certain "It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it." origninated with Ragland.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome back Padgett! Wow, sold the Fiero! Not sure I could make that choice too easily myself, but I may have to give it serious thought once the Solstice is out! I do not have a 5 car agreement, and a Solstice would increase my fleet to three. I am sure that would NOT be too popular around the house! :lol

Its good to hear you survived all the interesting weather too! It was quite a year for Florida!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'm sorry but I still can't remember your avator (other than I've figured what the "R" stands for in "C.R.") and not knowing that sort of trivia has me bugged. Seems I'm spending more and more time tying to rember things I used to know.
C.R. was the ->first<- television cartoon (predating Hanna-Barbera by several years).
Did it predate "Tom Terrific " on the Captain Kangaroo Show? Does anyone remember "Gerald Mc Boing Boing"? Came on for a half hour evening show in the second half of the fifties for just a couple of seasons. Man, are we way off topic!

·
Registered
275 Posts
First sketches were in 1948 and *think* it first aired in 1949. Even before Winky Dink and You. That atavar is from the second series which was a bit more polished.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I must be too young (I wasn't born yesterday, but I wouldn't have been watching TV anytime around the 50's either)! I am just lost as to what Cartoon he was from. He does look familiar so I must have seen him before, but I cannot place him.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts