Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post where someone put HHR mirrors on a Solstice just wondering what the benefit would be and what they look like mounted on the car ?

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
You sure they weren't talking about interior rear-view mirrors? They add autodimming and compass, along with LED interior lights.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yeah a lot of us installed the HHR interior rear view mirror. It's a nice upgrade.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that's what I was looking for.Any part numbers? certain years better than others and because of the features auto dimming ,compass (which I was looking for) how does one go about wiring this up is there a plug or are they hard wired into the harness?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Or you can go a step further and get the camaro mirror with the integrated rear camera screen included with the auto dim. Lose the nap lights though.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yeah that's the issue. There are a lot of mirrors that fit the car but only a few that have the map lights. Ya' really don't want to lose those.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was interested in the compass feature and map lights plus the auto dimming is a nice feature not interested in the On Star feature as my car is not equipped with it . From what I have found out the ones that came on an HHR /SS or the upscale GM SUVs and Malibu are the ones that I am looking for ,another spring project .Thanks for all your help !

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Just be careful if you buy it through ebay that it shows the map lights in the pictures. A few people got burned thinking the mirrors they were buying had the lights and found out when they opened the package that they did not.

Really is an easy mod to do.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'm looking at one on Ebay and it's got the lights plus the power plug that a lot of them don't have it's a couple of bucks more than some of the others but once again it's got the plug .

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yeah it's handy to have the plug for the install.

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
You only need one additional wire+pin socket. And you can buy the connector inserts from PepBoys if you find a mirror you like that doesn't have the plug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts