Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first post on this forum. I first saw the soltice at the auto show in san diego last year, what a sweet car. I guess i will have to wait untill 07 for mine. Oh well i have 2 1970 turbo z cars to keep myself busy.But im thinking
maybe one old school turbo z and a 07 soltice would be a great combination.

Untill then i will lurk and educate myself on the soltice.

rex

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can learn everything about the Solstice here. I've learned things I never really wanted to learn :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Welcome!

240z turbo said:
Hi guys, first post on this forum. I first saw the solstice at the auto show in San Diego last year, what a sweet car. I guess i will have to wait until 07 for mine. Oh well i have 2 1970 turbo z cars to keep myself busy.But I'm thinking
maybe one old school turbo z and a 07 solstice would be a great combination.

Until then i will lurk and educate myself on the solstice.

rex
You'll find some pretty solid information linked from the FAQ forum. The folks here tend to get a bit cranky about delivery times--used to be about every 2 weeks we'd have an eruption and a lot of negative sentiment, but since the start of August, they've been about once per week. It's like the waves, predictable, not a lot you can do about them except ride them out. Like I said, the sets are now about 1 week apart.

Otherwise, the folks here are very friendly, careful, and just like any other online forum, alert to details (both real and perceived).

The Turbo Z's did make reasonable race cars, but the handling reflects issues present in early cars, they can be a bit of a handful. We're guessing the Solstice will be very well balanced.

If you want a Solstice, it should still be possible to get a Model Year 2006 machine. They've only sold just over half of the first Model Year's production, and some dealers don't have really long waiting lists for their 3rd 4 month allocation. That would put delivery some time in the interval May/July for a 2006 model. If you want one now, you should be able to get one for Summer 2006. (The production cycle runs through roughly end of June)

The 2007 models will probably start shipping in mid to late September 2006, so they will not necessarily be present in large numbers for the Summer of 2006.

Again, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find something to post about. ;)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome to the forum Two Fourty Zee.

You have 2 1970 Z's?

That was first year of production for the Z. I believe they were only availible in red and silver (black interior only).

If they're turbo's, then I guess you modified them yourself, but unless you saved them from the scrapman, they would be worth alot more in original condition. They did not produce many that year.

I remember Bob Sharp racing a 260Z (I believe) in turbo trim. SCCA days at the Rock (Lime).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome Z. I am new here as well. Comming from years of owning Fieros, Im excited (to say the least) about a new Pontiac two seater. Can't wait to own one. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to both our new members! 2 1970 Z's must keep you awfully busy! I have trouble keeping up with one older car, my 88 Fiero!

I think you will really like the Solstice, and your going to enjoy the site! Just don't lurk all the time. Feel free to join the discussion! :)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I had a '75 1/2 280Z (one of the first in LA) eventually had a full Mulhulland suspension and Koni's all round with G 60 tires (remember them). Used to drive way too fast on the Crest Highway above LA and the roads around Fallbrook in Northern SD county. Think I've still got an unpaid thirty year old speeding ticket from San Diego for going over ninety with my ex-wife in the passenger seat and my 4'-5" grandmother sitting on the console egging me on to go faster. :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome, Rex. I'm a former Z owner and always loved the looks of the 240-280 Zs. The Solstice is a looker, too. I figure it may attract a lot of attention from the Z crowd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts