Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at your cat and also the werks cat, and I am going to be ordering one or the other in the next week or two. They are pretty similar but yours is $30 more expensive, what makes yours better and more costly? I know you say your cat is longer (5") but is that really that much better and doesn't that restrict airflow more than the 3" they use?

Also do you have any sales coming up anytime soon, I noticed I missed a pretty good one on black Friday, seen it on your facebook after the fact but never seen it posted here.

I have some amazon giftcards and I found you also sell it there too? that is nice!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Solo CAT, with their Mach exhausrt. A potent system.
Wendell - what made you choose the solo over the werx unit that is cheaper? I was set on the solo but now after talking with omnitech (am employee at weeks) I am wondering if the solo is really worth the extra $30. Hopefully they will reply soon with the deets.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the Solo CAT, with their Mach exhaust

I have the Solo High Flow CAT, with their Mach Performance Exhaust. I have found that the people at Solo are the best and stand behind their products. Have had the Mach exhaust on my GXP for 5 years with no problems. My Solo CAT hase been on for moe than a year with no problems. I like he sound of my exhaust as well.:yay::)

·
Super Moderator
15,965 Posts
I had the Solo HF cat and loved it.

I have no experience with the Werks unit but there are threads on the forum that address buyers experience. Have you reviewed them?

I think that either unit will provide good performance. If you are concerned about 10% difference in cost, then your decision is made. Or are you trying to get Solo to lower their price for you?:grouphug:

Either way I dont think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had the Solo HF cat and loved it.

I have no experience with the Werks unit but there are threads on the forum that address buyers experience. Have you reviewed them?

I think that either unit will provide good performance. If you are concerned about 10% difference in cost, then your decision is made. Or are you trying to get Solo to lower their price for you?:grouphug:

Either way I dont think you will be disappointed.
I think with shipping they're both (Werks and Solo) around $400.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think with shipping they're both (Werks and Solo) around $400.
Good point, werks hides shipping on their website (there is no way to check shipping amount without entering all info).

Does Solo not check this forum? I would like to see a reply from them to my original post before I make my final decision.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Jeff Boychuk
905-703-1557
[email protected]

Please contact Jeff Boychuk for raw product inquires (Stealth, storm, quantum, mach, mufflers, resonators, mandrel bends & exhaust tips) and Pontiac Solstice exhaust kits.

Steve Mariano
516-655-9002
[email protected]

Please contact Steve Mariano for Camaro, Pontiac G8, Challenger, Charger, Saturn Sky & Redline, Smart Car, exhaust kits.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
I have a Werks with a Magnaflow exhaust and have not had any issues with it .It is well built and no fitment issues ,no check engine lights,I would recommend it to anyone considering a high flo cat .The one thing I would do when replacing it is to replace your o2 sensors also.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a Werks with a Magnaflow exhaust and have not had any issues with it .It is well built and no fitment issues ,no check engine lights,I would recommend it to anyone considering a high flo cat .The one thing I would do when replacing it is to replace your o2 sensors also.
What do they cost and why would you recommend to replace them?

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
If you shop around you can get them for less then a hundred bucks a piece . If you are going to replace something such as an exhaust replace all the components that go with it that way everything is new and you will have no issues. When I did my car I bought the header first ,the cat followed with the Magnaflow exhaust but I did not replace the o2 sensors .I have had to replace both sensors over the last two years and both times it happened when I was out of town .I talked to Dave at Performance AutoWerks after the second one went as I have one of his cats and he recommended replacing them every couple of years cheap insurance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
solo all the way. I purchased mine on the black Friday sale http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f46/black-friday-sale-all-solo-performance-exhaust-products-82049/ as was posted here.

I heard better things about it and a couple more bucks did not bother me. Talking to Jeff during install made all the difference. Looking into which I would buy, I sent 2 companies the same question. One was the answer I was looking for, one was a form letter; not exactly answering my question.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f63/hfc-thanks-solo-jeff-84625/

that was my post after the install. Stand up company and I am very happy.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Solo all the way!!!!! They are awesome and one of the few vendors that were willing to call me and actually talk to me when the dealer cut my cat off to replace my WP under warranty. After speaking with them, while they don't keep track of VIN#s, he told me what to look for on the cat that was cut off. Mike? was awesome!!! He called me several times even after he had answered all my questions to make sure the car was running right. I've had awesome luck with Solo, Werks, DDM, and Wind Restrictor goes above and beyond for their product!!!! They are by far the best vendor on here!!!!!! But back to your question....Solo!!!!

I will be replacing my Solo HFC this spring. (when the dealer replaced my wp, they cut my solo off and put an OEM one back on!) And I will be replacing my O2 sensor because everytime I've had something done with a cat or exhaust, the O2 sensor goes about 3 weeks later.

·
Super Moderator
15,965 Posts
Solo all the way!!!!! They are awesome and one of the few vendors that were willing to call me and actually talk to me when the dealer cut my cat off to replace my WP under warranty. After speaking with them, while they don't keep track of VIN#s, he told me what to look for on the cat that was cut off. Mike? was awesome!!! He called me several times even after he had answered all my questions to make sure the car was running right. I've had awesome luck with Solo, Werks, DDM, and Wind Restrictor goes above and beyond for their product!!!! They are by far the best vendor on here!!!!!! But back to your question....Solo!!!!

I will be replacing my Solo HFC this spring. (when the dealer replaced my wp, they cut my solo off and put an OEM one back on!) And I will be replacing my O2 sensor because everytime I've had something done with a cat or exhaust, the O2 sensor goes about 3 weeks later.
Well said.:agree::agree::agree:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I've been very happy with my Solo exhaust...shorty header, hf cat, and exhaust. Have yet to have to replace any O2 sensors, though. Also quite satisfied with my DDM chassis parts and accessories, the Windrestrictor screen and the Werks ECM reprogram! Great vendors. Shoot, even Van's BU lite covers have done well!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts