Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm a new member but have had my gxp for a couple years now.
I've started getting the P0014 code recently. It's intermittent and I'm thinking it could be the camshaft actuator like I've seen in other threads. Thing is, the threads I've found are about the 2.4 engine. I'm curious if it's the same part number in the 2 liter engine. Any help would be appreciated, I'd hate to get the wrong thing.

Love this car btw, and look forward to posting more in this forum. :)

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
In general, a good source for info is to look it up on parts.nalleygmc.com (you'll need to enter your car model info first, but then bookmark the resulting page for later reference).

For example, here's my bookmark: 2008 Pontiac Solstice TURBO 2 DR CONVERTIBLE Parts

Enter what you're looking for in the 'Keyword' search field, and browse the 'Matching Assemblies' section.

------------------------------------
HOWEVER, having said that, I checked and they don't seem to have them in stock so the part numbers don't show up! Aggh.

After a more complicated search, though, I found this Part Detail which gives the partial part numbers (see items 718 & 719 at the bottom)... and those translate to these (NOTE: read the pages because the part numbers have apparently been updated/replaced):

12628348 - GM VALVE
12628347 - GM VALVE

BOTTOM LINE (for any future readers) it seems the new part numbers are as follows (at your own risk, check with your dealer before buying):

Part#: 12655420 VALVE,CM/SHF POSN ACTR INT SOL (Intake/Driver-side)
Part#: 12655421 VALVE,CM/SHF POSN ACTR EXH SOL (Exhaust/Passenger-side)

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Frequently the part number change is a result of the same set of engineering being used to purchase a new "buy" of the part, either from a different manufacturer or as a new production run. It usually is the same part but they track it differently for long term logistical support analysis to provide feedback into their engineering process.

Same part, different day . .. usually.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Just so you know the p014 error can be caused by dirty oil, not saying you have dirty oil. I replaced my cam sensor still have the problem, this is after an oil change before changing the sensor. I think it maybe sludge build up in the head but it will take some warmer weather for me to continue troubleshooting.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Hi there,
I'm a new member but have had my gxp for a couple years now.
I've started getting the P0014 code recently. It's intermittent and I'm thinking it could be the camshaft actuator like I've seen in other threads. Thing is, the threads I've found are about the 2.4 engine. I'm curious if it's the same part number in the 2 liter engine. Any help would be appreciated, I'd hate to get the wrong thing.

Love this car btw, and look forward to posting more in this forum. :)
Yeap, same part between the 2.0L and the 2.4L. We have yet to see a sensor fail and have found most all of the times it is the actuator that has gone bad. They are very simple to replace and not that expensive.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
4,811 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the code. For P0011, I replaced the sensor to no avail, but the actuator did the trick. There was some strange looking trash on the screens of the actuator I could not diagnose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts