Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I saw the Sosltice at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Looked like a bad ass car. I was a little disapointed that it had a 4 instead of the 3800, but non the less, I think it's going to kick ass. I currently have a 2002 Trans Am WS.6, but I want another car that I can tool around in that looks awesome.

I'm stoked and can't wait to get a Solstice. Although, I'm not sure if I want to wait for the SuperCharged version or get the non-s/c right away. But I think the deciding factor is if the s/c version comes in a 6 speed... Can anyone shine some light on that for me?

Glad to see this forum up so quickly.

Mg.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Magnezium said:
Glad to see this forum up so quickly.
Mg.
Welcome. We've been here for a year and a half now :lol:

Rumors are flying about a possible higher power Solstice next year. We have spy pics of some test mules out in Colorado that looked to have intercoolers on the front (maybe someone has the link?).

Given the heavy interest in the car now at duting the launch and the fact you'd probably not get one until winter anyway, I'd say hold out and see what happens next year with bigger engine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the reply. Yeah, you're probably right, I should wait. I've already called my insurance co. to see what they think just on the hunch they might know something by now. (They probably just work on VINs and online databases for statistics.)

Looking at the pics in that thread, it seems that GM put some "hidden" toys on them. If they put an intercooler on that sucker, you can bet they're putting 8PSI or better... I'm hoping for a 240HP version.

By the way, any word on a Heads Up Display? They didn't put it in my car because they wanted there to be more incentive to by the Corvette, but the Solstice is a completely different animal. I wonder if they'd put the HUD in the upper packages next year.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Magnezium said:
By the way, any word on a Heads Up Display? They didn't put it in my car because they wanted there to be more incentive to by the Corvette, but the Solstice is a completely different animal. I wonder if they'd put the HUD in the upper packages next year.
No rumor of it yet, Solstice has born as a 'back to basics' roadster so they haven't gone crazy wih the electronics (yet). Other has also asked for HUD as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts