Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have access to the GM Media site. :cheers: I can get any of the GM pics in high-res as long as they are not embargoed.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
From that image you can definately tell the roof eats up a lot of space.

So, does that mean you have access to images that are still under embargo then? Not askign you to show/say anything about them, just curious.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I don't. I could probably get access to them but in some ways I would rather not. If they are leaked I do not want to even be considered as a possible source of the leak. I like keeping a good relationship with GM. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
the pics are great! Troy, do you think you could get a high res version of the sketch GM released of the Saturn Sky. I would love to use that as my desktop.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rik said:
the pics are great! Troy, do you think you could get a high res version of the sketch GM released of the Saturn Sky. I would love to use that as my desktop.
I can't find one yet. I searched the media site but could only find the small one that we've all seen. :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great pix, Troy! After looking at the cutaway, I'm really having a hard time figuring out how to get access to the trunk. If the placement of the retracted top is accurate, and the trunk is hinged in the front, you'd have to reach over the top to get to the trunk, and that would be almost impossible. On the other hand, I don't see any evidence of double hinges on the trunk.

I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
palmer said:
If the placement of the retracted top is accurate, and the trunk is hinged in the front, you'd have to reach over the top to get to the trunk, and that would be almost impossible.
I may have missed the discussion on this point but this picture shows the trunk being hinged on the rear.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Michael said:
Did you notice in the cutaway you can see the top folded away?
Yeah, that's what I was commenting on above. You can see that it's taking up a lot of trunk space folded up under there.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Michael said:
Oh you're right Brentil! I'm sorry, I missed seeing your post I got so excited seeing the cutaway.
It's understandable, it's a damn nice picture :D

Too bad the trunk hinges aren't shown in that image.
It does however show those two silver trunk spots, but these have black slits in them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by Troy:
I may have missed the discussion on this point but this picture shows the trunk being hinged on the rear.
Sorry, my bad writing. I meant opening in the front, hinged in the back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts