Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think HIDs will be an option on the Solstice? I see that Mazda offers them on their sub-$20k Mazda 3 now, so they are definitely reaching down market.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have a lot of time until the Solstice hits the market. The prices of HIDs are dropping as we read this.

I would be very surprised if they were not an option. Probably will not be standard or the price will creep up. I would be unhappy if they were not an option.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldn't expect them.It's a back to basics car.Who knows though they may end up as a option.There certainly not a must for me anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll take HIDs if they are cheap enough. Drove in my friends bimmer the other night and the HIDs made a big difference. The light is much cleaner and more accurate than traditional headlights.

It's not a make or break option. I'll be happy without them. They are a nice to have, not a have to have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Back to basics shouldn't mean low tech.

I have been known to partake in spirited driving after sunset. A well lit roadway is needed for safety. A basic sports car can go without extra luxury features but good lighting is not what I consider a luxury feature. It's one of the important sports car features.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pile Driver said:

I have been known to partake in spirited driving after sunset.

I agree, around here the only fun place to drive is the back country roads, and at night, in the summer, its even better.
Not redicoulous speeds, but spirited, take a turn a tad faster than normal driving. I know i would like the road lit up well int hat case.:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed - Top down, warm summer night, country road, nice girl by your side - doesn't get much better :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts