Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of the very early GMPP upgrades in 2007. I feel both my MAP sensors need to be replaced. Where can I find good quality High Performance sensors for my 2007 GXP?
Car Currently has:
OEM upgrade GMPP sensor parts
RPM Tune and parts
Cold Air intake

·
Super Moderator
6,986 Posts
Before replacing the sensors I would check the connections. The new sensors were normally spliced to the harness wires and the butt splices used are known to lose connection over time. If yours are spliced in that way, cut out the splices, then solder and shrink wrap the connections.

Later conversions used a plug-in adapter and do not have the same problem.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
What John said^

But if that doesn't work (99.9% of the time it will) and you do still want to swap out the sensors, you MUST swap them for the exact same Bosch sensors with the same response curves. If not, your tune will get confused and will fail back to limp mode the first time you step on the gas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much, I am beginning to wonder if when the tune was done both sensors were replaced by the GMPP tune or just one. Any of you fellows have a picture of the GMPP sensors?

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before replacing the sensors I would check the connections. The new sensors were normally spliced to the harness wires and the butt splices used are known to lose connection over time. If yours are spliced in that way, cut out the splices, then solder and shrink wrap the connections.

Later conversions used a plug-in adapter and do not have the same problem.
I think you are spot on, I peeled back the tape and behold crimped wires. I will have a soldering party and see if that helps. The code that comes up has been a pain in my @&$ ever since I had the GMPP upgrade. It runs like hell until it gets warm then the code flashes and loses boost. Only 6lbs at best. I will post the pics of my sensors when I figure out how? Many thanks to all!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you are spot on, I peeled back the tape and behold crimped wires. I will have a soldering party and see if that helps. The code that comes up has been a pain in my @&$ ever since I had the GMPP upgrade. It runs like hell until it gets warm then the code flashes and loses boost. Only 6lbs at best. I will post the pics of my sensors when I figure out how? Many thanks to all!
I assume the third wire to the left was supposed be left unattached to anything?

·
Super Moderator
6,986 Posts
I assume the third wire to the left was supposed be left unattached to anything?
Yes. The sensors are TMAP sensors, but only one of them is used for a temperature input. So the other's temperature sensor is not connected.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Silver soldered all the connections, used heat shrink tubing over each connection, then used electrical tape. Problem Solved! No Limp Mode Boost any more. Wow, I have scratched my head for a very long time trying to figure out what was going on. Many, Many thanks for all the help!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts