Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had LITHA for 5 hours,driving after sunset,I have been assaulted by 5-6 highbeam yahoos,flicking bright lights at me.My low beams are on when this happens,give them a what for with high and they backoff.Anyone else have this happen? :confused: :cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fortimir said:
Are you implying that the Solstice low-beams may be a little bright?
On my end of the beam they are just right,on the receiving end,on coming traffic thinks so. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Fortimir said:
Are you implying that the Solstice low-beams may be a little bright?
Excelsior had already mentioned that we're gonna get flashed because of how bright they are.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You might just need to adjust them down a bit. I imagine that this will be a bit frustrating when you have to raise and lower the hood to see where they point.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
You might just need to adjust them down a bit. I imagine that this will be a bit frustrating when you have to raise and lower the hood to see where they point.
*blink*

...I never even thought of that.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I think it's because they attached the headlights to the hood. Mini also has this problem with the Cooper. The next Mini restyle has the headlights attached to the body instead of the hood. Pontiac might have to do the same.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Could also be aimed just a bit too high...

They might also be aimed just a bit too high. There are typically inverted torx (called external torx) head adjustment screws that allow the lights to be aimed vertically. Haven't seen the Solstice yet to know, but you might be able to just angle them down a hair and avoid the bright flashes from other drivers.

I found a couple of links that describe a procedure very similar to one that I've used my self:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts