Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching thanksgiving parade this morning ,guess what pop up on screen two solstices one black, and one red riding side by side in the parade with some cartoon people sitting on the trunk. Wish i had my video recorder going :cool:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll tell you what

They wouldn't be sitting on my trunk unless they had chamois on their asses or looked like Barbara Eden and were nude.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
dave clancy said:
Was watching thanksgiving parade this morning ,guess what pop up on screen two solstices one black, and one red riding side by side in the parade with some cartoon people sitting on the trunk. Wish i had my video recorder going :cool:
Those were the Marshall Field's Santa Bears riding in the Sol's with the tops down. I wanted to check the VIN on the red one to see if they're using my car for parades instead of delivering it to me !! lol :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dave clancy said:
...some cartoon people sitting on the trunk.
Rumor that it was it Solsticeman and brentil in those costumes :lol: :leaving:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They had two also, for the milford homecoming parade a while back same colors for the milford parade down town milford mi. The gm milford proving ground is about two miles from down town I bet these are pre production cars loaned by gm for these parades. During thanksgiving parade they really zoomed in the front ends of these cars they really looked awesome :cool: :cool: ;)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
OZ40 said:
They wouldn't be sitting on my trunk unless they had chamois on their asses or looked like Barbara Eden and were nude.
I Dream of Jeanie ... Nude. Now THAT evokes an interesting picture! ... but seriously, my Solstice will be in a local holiday parade this coming Saturday, ferrying the Grand Marshall. What would be best to place in between the humps for the Grand Marshall to sit comfortably AND safely on without maring the surface?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
bumping this in hopes of getting some suggestions ....

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SolsticeEnjoying said:
bumping this in hopes of getting some suggestions ....
Only thing I could suggest is something very soft and cotton. Folded terry cloth towel is all that comes to mind. Maybe a small pillow on top of the towel to add cushion.

Just make sure towel doesn't have any dirt (falls on the ground) because that would become like sandpaper to the paint.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Thanks mceb! I knew I could count on our SuperMods! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Solstice62 said:
I think that the Grand Marshall should walk alongside your Sol. That way, he won't be in the way.....
LOL! ... she ...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Solstice62 said:
"She"? Well, then, have her ride up front with YOU!! :)
I'll make sure someone in my family records the event and then I'll post the pics here on Sunday.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll be in a parade this Saturday since I'm the mayor of small town I live in. The local Chevy and Ford dealers are providing 'vettes and 'stangs for parade participants to ride in/on. I told them I'll drive my Sol. I can drive with one hand and wave with the other. :)

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
I'll be in a parade this Saturday since I'm the mayor of small town I live in. The local Chevy and Ford dealers are providing 'vettes and 'stangs for parade participants to ride in/on. I told them I'll drive my Sol. I can drive with one hand and wave with the other. :)
Record the mileage for the possible "business use write-off" of your Solstice. :) Or is the city going to pay you for the mileage?

Check with our local Accountant for specifics. Gizmo where are you?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Without question, the Solstice is a great parade car. Can't wait to see some pictures.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
crj1949 said:
Without question, the Solstice is a great parade car. Can't wait to see some pictures.
Here's a 30 second AVI (23mb): Parade Time!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
stang said:
Nice car indead! :thumbs:

Man, that speed had to suck in a stick. Did you even get into first gear?
Funny you should mention that! I did coast wherever I could, but mostly I never got OUT of first! Well worth it - the parade organizer said I have a standing invitation every year. The Grand Marshall told me later (kiddingly) that everyone was looking and commenting on the car, not her! I told her, hey, they look at the car, then they see you, so it's a win-win! :yesnod:

The best story is the local Chrysler salesman that came up to me before the parade started. He said this was the only way he could get a real, live look at one, since they weren't staying in the Pontiac dealer's showroom very long! And, of course, he was SHOCKED at the price, even loaded up. He said, "No wonder our Crossfires aren't moving! With looks like this, you don't need a V6!" So true, so true!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts