Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
That is really a test mule...

front fender fit is horrible
left exhaust outlet looks like it was cut out with a hack saw.
is that bubble gum on the cam cover?
top has the wrinkles

Also, how did these "spy" photos get taken when in one shot the hood is open and the other shot the hood is closed.

just some observations...

RadRiv

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Looks like those rumers of turbo vs supercharger have increased merit. Nothing says "Work in Progress" like BJ Weld on the valve cover. Yet the valve cover has "turbo" in the casting. Wonder what the red doo-hicky between the exhaust tips is?

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

What's the red plug in the middle of the rear bumper for????

·
5,600 Posts
Oh baby, COME TO PAPA! :smash:

Yeah! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Looks like those rumers of turbo vs supercharger have increased merit. Nothing says "Work in Progress" like BJ Weld on the valve cover. Yet the valve cover has "turbo" in the casting. Wonder what the red doo-hicky between the exhaust tips is?
Also dont forget the two air pipes coming from the front grill area. I assume one is taking the cool air from the intercooler to the turbo and the other is taking the "hot air" back to the intercooler.

·
5,641 Posts
But now we know what the OnStar antenna might look like.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pontiac Went Turbo!!! 240 + HP???

This is an exclusive at Cheers & Gears, here'st he link, they paid for the rights of the photos, so I won't post them here, but here's the hot link!
Cheers & Gears

I guess the turbo fits fine in that tight engine space :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hope they get rid of the Silly-Putty, when the production version comes out... :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Defintely very interesting.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow...More HP...does anybody know if the SOL will require suspension or braking upgrades. It's great to have more HP, but in it's current design, can the SOLstice handle the additional stresses, and be able to stop??

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I've merged duplicate threads into one.

SOL MIO said:
Wow...More HP...does anybody know if the SOL will require suspension or braking upgrades. It's great to have more HP, but in it's current design, can the SOLstice handle the additional stresses, and be able to stop??
Most cars with a high performance option have upgraded suspension/brakes, or they at least offer an extra package for it too. So I wouldn't be suprised to see it here too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Would it then be (economically) practical for us EOP orders to go back after delivery to have our SOLs retro-fitted, or would we be better to order another SOL when the turbo comes out??

1 - 20 of 105 Posts