Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started drouling over this car in it's early concept version
Early this year I decided my wife (Lucky 13) needed something special for her 25th wedding aniversary
I began pressuring my Pontiac salesman for details about the Solstice
He knew absolutely nothing and said I'd have to wait till GM sent them some info
By early March I was asking him a couple of times a week
Finally, on March 12th we convinced the dealer to take a deposit and we put together our order (the two tone interior was not available)
A couple of weeks later the salesman called and told us about the Apprentice
My wife was thrilled about her upcoming aniversary present
Our aniversary is 5/3
She watched the Apprentice and tried to register me online
My registration didn't go thru so she tried again under her name
Success
The next day the dealer called and said he got three first 1k (later he found out only 2 were confirmed)
We of course were first to get our car since we had our deposit down for over a month
Once all the confirmation process was complete, we found out the car would not be available until 4th quarter
My wifes birthday in 9/29, so I thought combining the Aniversary and the Birthday was a good plan
OK so I had to fork over some jewlery to hold her over
Today the call came, VIN 493!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should be here in 4-6 weeks
Of course I'm hoping that means by 9/29 so I don't have to purchase another hold over gift
So who cares about this Mushie story???
Probably no one
However, for us it's just a teaser for the real story
That is everything that happens from here on!
And even though we have waited a long time, we are getting the car exactly when we were told we would
And we are just as excited as when we ordered it

Husband of Lucky13
:grouphug:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! Great story and hopefully you will both enjoy the car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thats great! I'm hoping to get my VIN# before my b-day 9/19 :thumbs:

·
Registered
479 Posts
morts01 said:
It would be neat if you got 919!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great story!! I guess I can cosider myself very LUCKY! I did not know a thing about the SOLSTICE until I "or should I say we" saw the apprentice. Did that many people know about the unvailing of the SOLSTICE to the public? I am a "GREAT CAR ENTHUSIANT"! GREAT being the key word.

·
Registered
292 Posts
tugmate said:
Great story!! I guess I can cosider myself very LUCKY! I did not know a thing about the SOLSTICE until I "or should I say we" saw the apprentice. Did that many people know about the unvailing of the SOLSTICE to the public? I am a "GREAT CAR ENTHUSIANT"! GREAT being the key word.
But are you a Great ENTHUSIANT of cars or an ENTHUSIANT of Great cars? :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
VIN for my birthday

morts01 said:
Hope to get my VIN for my birthday too: 9/23 !

·
Registered
179 Posts
All Sept B'day presents!

Del Solstice said:
Hope to get my VIN for my birthday too: 9/23 !
Hoping for mine in time for birthday too 9/12. (Will be 40) :cool:
Hubby's hoping too - no shopping for him to do. :devil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Vin 490

Yes that is a great story and good for you. By the way my vin is #490 built on 8/18 and my dealer confirmed it to be delivered 9/12 so good luck hope that helps and gives you some perspective on time. :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jt Star said:
Yes that is a great story and good for you. By the way my vin is #490 built on 8/18 and my dealer confirmed it to be delivered 9/12 so good luck hope that helps and gives you some perspective on time. :lol:
Lovely story. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but more than likely you will be a lot luckier than I. My car was supposd to be delivered by the 18th of August per invoice and GM Headquarters, and it still isn't here as of 9/4. For all those with birthdays in September, may you all get the perfect gift........and delivered on time I might add..... :party:

·
Registered
994 Posts
You still don't have it mssleepr!?
Wow! That's unbelievable!
I suppose they are still telling you it is up in B'ham?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Slicer said:
You still don't have it mssleepr!?
Wow! That's unbelievable!
I suppose they are still telling you it is up in B'ham?
No, it stayed in Birmingham for a week and then get this>>>>>>It was shipped back to the plant in Delaware. :cryin: I sent a couple of emails to GM Headquarters and Shannon from GM called on September 2nd to let me know that my car was in transit from Delaware. Well, lets see, it headed back to the plant around the 27th and now it is fixed and on its way back. Hmmmm.....I asked her what was the problem, and she claimed that she didn't know anything, and that the GM Business Center wouldn't tell anyone anything.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sounds fishy to me.
Maybe it's time for GM to sweeten your deal to make amends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts