Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a line out to Mark and Bill about the wiring for adding the 3rd brake lamp flasher/modulator...and anyone who may have the information, please share. The easiest way, to me is to install GM male and female plugs on the in and out wiring of whatever electronic device one chooses so we are not cutting the harness. Thereby installation does actually become "plug and play". One manufacturer has that option but the reviews seem questionable, to me, there being a lack of instructions, etc. mentioned.

I've used headlamp modulators and brake lamp flashers of many designs from their very beginning. I'm considering moving the Cyberlight test unit I received from John Vodedsky, from it's 1982 Kawasaki GPz 550. The Cyberlight is a unit which varies both the rate and intensity of flashing in response to G forces of braking and may be considered a supplemental rear lamp. It was created and tested in the 1970's. You can research it. At one time I had the red lens (probably still do...somewhere in the back stock of bike "stuff") but currently the amber lens is in place, which more or less made it complaint with any lighting rules of the time or since. John designed it to be used with the red lens. It laid the ground work for the HMCSL required on automobiles today.

Links, part numbers??? to the plug(s) that will mate with the Solstice HMCSL...

Thanks,

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Sorry, I just cut the ground wire when I installed my flasher, and spliced into (not cut) the +12V line. (FYI - I used a Velleman kit for mine, ala: Amazon.com: Velleman MK178 3Rd Brake Light Flasher: Industrial & Scientific . It has a couple of jumpers to set the flash operation. Still working great after 10 years).

Not sure you'll even be able to gat a female connector anyway. You best bet - if you don't want to cut - may be just to plump for the RPM device, though it's expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts