1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I love the color name, ManGenta. What the hell is ManGenta? I'd make a comment about that, but a flame war would insue as we've seen before.

Yeah, the design was either made to accept V6 + 4 door, or they modified the kappa to fit this. I added the image of the ManGenta Torana below. Looks like a really interesting car. I love the glas roof, looks really spiffy.
For our conversion impared people. This Twin Turbo 3.6 V6 Alloytec produces 375.48 HP (280 kW) and 354.27 ft-lb (480 NM).

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Keep in mind - its "kappa-BASED". It's a Concept Car. This [b]doesn't[/b] mean the Kappa can now take a V6 TT engine...[/QUOTE] So... your saying the Solstice will have an optional Twin turbo 3.6L DOHC VVT V6 with DOD? :jester :lol Interesting concept. The more things they can use this platform the better! Not only will it help the Solstice and other roadsters stick around, it looks like this will be a terrific platform too and should be more fun than GM's usual fwd platforms to drive around in.

·
Registered
535 Posts
brentil said:
I love the color name, ManGenta. What the hell is ManGenta. I'd make a comment about that, but a flame war would insue as we've seen before.
LOL. Yes, that name is begging to be taken to task for, but I'll leave it as well. BTW, if you think that prior situation was a "flame war" you should drop by my home forum! LOL With 3000+ 16-25 year olds, typically that would be a discussion of great restraint! :lol

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Where did you guys get Kappa out of that article? It does say:
Torana TT36, on the other hand, shares many basic structural elements with the latest GM sports concepts and much of its chassis componentry is sourced directly from GM.
But it also says:

It could be designed and produced off a number of GM platforms, taking advantage of the virtual maths-based processes and component sharing which enabled us to build this working concept in a very short space of time.
I might be missing it, but I didn't see it anywhere that it said "this is a Kappa concept" Aside from that, the only intersesting thing about this car is the experimental engine that may or may not be produced, and if it is produced will probably never make it to America, and the glass roof that has been proven time and time again to not be practical due to the green house affect.

Glass roofs look good on show cars but almost never make it to production. If you have ever spent any time in a '56 Ford Crown Victoria with the Plexiglass roof section (I think they were called Skyliners) you'd know why it's a dumb idea. Maybe they are planning a retracting shade system, and that might help, but a glass roof is also problematical for leakage and structure reasons too.

I would like to see more pictures, because the article talked up the styling, but from the rear it was to me totally ho-hum same 'ol same 'ol. Oh well, good to see what's going on in other lands.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
151 Posts
AeroDave said:
Glass roofs look good on show cars but almost never make it to production. If you have ever spent any time in a '56 Ford Crown Victoria with the Plexiglass roof section (I think they were called Skyliners) you'd know why it's a dumb idea. Maybe they are planning a retracting shade system, and that might help, but a glass roof is also problematical for leakage and structure reasons too.
the scion tC has them, but it would be neat to have a glass roof with the push button tint like can be seen in really expensive homes, i'm not quite sure what to call it but it's like a real hi tech shade that activates at the push of a button!

overall, i hope this car makes it to production!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
brentil said:
I love the color name, ManGenta. What the hell is ManGenta? I'd make a comment about that, but a flame war would insue as we've seen before.

I ain't sayin a DANG thing! :blueangel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts