Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notice that when I am driving with AC on, can hear a whine/roar noise coming from the engine compartment. Driving road speed- 70 turn the AC off, it quits, turn back on can hear it when compressor kicks in. Hear it over the radio. Have a 2009 coupe and first owner had compressor changed early on- don't know the reason.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome to solstice ownership. This is "normal" no one has ben able to figure out what causes it either. Personally I just turn the radio up louder.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
'07 Sol N/A bought used this spring. Sounds like a damn meat grinder. Functions fine. Found nothing to cause it. Abby Normal, but it appears to be normal.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
OK, here's how the story goes, the noise was an A/C thermal valve on my coupe back in 9/2009 not the compressor. TSB # 09-01-39-006 and part # is 89025005 (A/C thermal valve kit). Check it out.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The older you get those noises will just go away on their own. At least until you get hearing aids. lol

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
OK, here's how the story goes, the noise was an A/C thermal valve on my coupe back in 9/2009 not the compressor. TSB # 09-01-39-006 and part # is 89025005 (A/C thermal valve kit). Check it out.
Does anyone have a link to this TSB? Every site that I try tells me that it doesn't exist. Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a dealer try that works for a while and then it is back. the bulletin is not for our car but they did it anyways. Replaced every part that could be associated with this under warranty. I just let it go, still love the car.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Does anyone have a link to this TSB? Every site that I try tells me that it doesn't exist. Thanks.[/Qnoise go away and UOTE]

I think only GM dealers have access to the TSBs. They will print a copy if you ask, they did for me. It made the noise go away and didn't return. It is for the Solstice,G5,Cobalt, and Sky. The technical service bullitin is for our cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback. Didn't notice it yesterday coming back from work. Appears doesn't do it all the time. Thought maybe the noise was coming from the radiator fan when it kicks on/off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts