Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A slight delay. I drove the car and it runs perfectly -- the clutch needs some adjusting -- it works fine, just some travel and stiffness changes per my preferences. So my guy has taken the car for a few more days, and ordered some parts to cover that. New Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires have replaced the 10 year old rubber. Finally, after several key cycles, it threw a cam position sensor code and it turns out a single pin was in the wrong spot, so fixing that. Hoping to see it next week and keep it for good.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Got the clutch adjusted and it is much better. Also, added a slick 3-button Homelink to the header that looks completely oem and eliminates the rattling openers that fall off the flimsy visors. I also updated the "GXP" lighted sills to "V8 SOLSTICE" lettering. Just found out yesterday the pedal needs to be replaced as the sensor is going bad -- this happened on two of our charity cars... Still needs a ceramic coating and clear bra on new hood and painted nose, etc., but hoping to drive for the weekend.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Drove the car all day yesterday and enjoyed immensely. New clutch and tranny are far better than ever before -- added some small touches recently -- custom 3-button Homelink flush-mounted in windshield header, V8 Solstice lighted door sills, upgraded side cup holder, front camera with custom button. Had an issue with the old ecm so had Dave at Werks sent me a replacement with HP Tuners installed.

After washing, I noticed a small paint crack at the top of the hood scoop that will need attention - disappointing as the hood is breathtaking, and now has a 2 inch crack...

Anyway, it's nice to have it back in the garage to allow for some safe out of the house excursions. Top is off and I'll be out and about today (keeping a safe distance, of course).

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Been driving last couple weeks. I've had a lot of fast and fun cars -- this Coupe is still the best. I think it needs more exhaust sound -- has Werks' true-duals with little Magnaflow resonators, but still not as rumbly as it should be -- it does have cats and the blower may muffle it a bit too (definitely hear the whine). Likely gonna try straight pipes and see.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Added a Homelink module from Amazon and had professionally installed on the windshield header. Looks super clean and eliminated 10 year pet peeve of openers rattling and falling off the flimsy visors.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
After all these years, I'm finally pulling the trigger on a proper sound system in the Coupe. Alpine X308U 8 inch head unit going in, JL 700 w amp with DSP, JL components in front, JL coax in rear for fill and custom enclosure for 8 inch JL sub behind passenger seat. Amp will mount behind driver's seat. Looking forward to great sound, even with the top off, the V8 roaring the and blower whining away. Will post pics when completed. Work being done by inMobile Integrated Solutions in Scottsdale.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
System finished and I am going to go check it out today. Will take some photos and give it a listen.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Glad to see you are enjoying it! Looks great, and I bet it sounds better! Question for you, what shift knob are you using? I like that know for the 6-speed conversion.

Reactions: easyryderca

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Shift knob was from Dave at Werks and was an oem knob of some kind - GTO or Corvette, I think... Dave would know if he saw it. Homelink came from Amazon. The black bezel matches perfectly.

BTW the stereo sounds amazing, and everything fits behind stock covers, even the JL sub. Looking forward to playing with it and adjusting more, but Don at Soundwerks already spent the better part of a couple days tuning it with the DSP on the JL amp, so it does not need much. Bass knob and buttons for front and rear cameras are conveniently located on the dash to the right of the wheel. Finally have clean sound to enjoy over the V8 rumble, supercharger whine and top down wind.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Stereo is utterly fantastic as Don at inMobile/Soundwerks hit it out of the park - the key is not the components of the system, but the many hours he put into tuning the DSP for the car. Finally, I can hear the music over the engine and the top-off noise.

With HP Tuners now on board, car going onto the dyno next week for some final touches on the tune.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
HP Tuners working flawlessly. 542 at the wheels with a very conservative tune on 91 octane in 100+ degree heat. With new sound system and engine perfect, time to enjoy for a while...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts