Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've almost had my Solstice a month now. And these sun visors need help. I did some reading on the forum, and the internet. I found a mod by onlyron on youtube who used ABS plastic to add to his sun visor to make it better. And, I've seen some other leather looking vinyl covers which did not do what I want them to do. So, I am going to make some genuine leather to cover my visors with. Here is a picture of me cutting a piece of leather that I'm going to use for the passenger side. As I progress, I'll post more pictures.

Rectangle Gadget Wood Gas Office equipment

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are. I'm thinking of adding 2 inches to the outer side and 2 1/2 inches to the mirror side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been slowly trying to work on the leather visor cover after starting on it. We had several people quit at work. So, working overtime. Plus, my son was just yesterday in a bad motorcycle accident yesterday in Lexington, SC.

·
Premium Member
17,243 Posts
Sorry to learn about your son. Hope he has a good outcome. I rode for 40 years. Everything from a 125 dual purpose to a built Sportster. When I got my Solstice I just did not have time to ride the Sportster so ended up selling it and have not missed it. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to learn about your son. Hope he has a good outcome. I rode for 40 years. Everything from a 125 dual purpose to a built Sportster. When I got my Solstice I just did not have time to ride the Sportster so ended up selling it and have not missed it. :)
Thanks. Went to SC to see my son in the hospital and am back now. He got hit from the right side. He is having to wear a body brace for the next 6 weeks. My wife and daughter told me that I'm not allowed to own another motorcycle. People just don't see riders. The Solstice did good. I got from 29 to 31 mpg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. I did a little bit of work today on the passenger visor. Here is a picture of it. Hopefully I won't have to make another one when I go to lace the visor up. Sometimes on my first try of making something, the first piece ends up needing tweaked/redone.
Brown Rectangle Wood Grey Floor

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks. Went to SC to see my son in the hospital and am back now. He got hit from the right side. He is having to wear a body brace for the next 6 weeks. My wife and daughter told me that I'm not allowed to own another motorcycle. People just don't see riders. The Solstice did good. I got from 29 to 31 mpg.
Yikes! Prayers for quick recovery for your son.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. I was halfway done on the passenger visor when I noticed I had placed the leather on backwards. So, I had to undo half of it and then started lacing again. Here is how it looks now.
Rectangle Wood Line Hood Bag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts