Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the honeycomb designed molded into the rear fascia, or is it a separate piece? I was thinking the honeycomb part would look great if it was chromed plated, but if its molded in, there goes that idea.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
As far as what I can remember, it is molded in, and that rear grill is non-functional. I personally dislike that...I wish GM would have stuck with the concept's rear design;functional rear grille and the vertically mounted dual exhaust. But I do inderstand that they wanted to keep costs down.

But still...good job with everything GM!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
LowLife said:
Is the honeycomb designed molded into the rear fascia, or is it a separate piece? I was thinking the honeycomb part would look great if it was chromed plated, but if its molded in, there goes that idea.
THANK YOU! Yes it would look fantastic chromed!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
There is a seam so I would say it is not molded to the bumper the materials are different.

I agree. I will check our parts information tomorrow and have a definite answer.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
NO it is not molded to the bumper piece, it is a complete different unit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The piece that Latin Venom mentioned is held in place by several small clips - it's a very lightweight plastic piece. Two of the clips on mine were missing or fell off and were replaced during recent service.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Oh goody! Another product idea!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Aftermarket pieces are being created now. With single and dual outlet cutouts. At SEMA they had some in carbon fiber that looked great!

The Mallett V8 Solstice with a Corsa muffler can be either single or dual outlet exhaust tips, opposite sides. Expect to see muffler manufacturers to deliver a dual tip exhaust by early Spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts