Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my pontiac solstice hood and side fenders because I just replace them with Norms fiberglass.
Victory red color
Hood is in good condition $400
Side fenders $60 each
Located in San Diego, CA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do apologize for the lateness. I moved and totally forgot about this post. I'm going to put up images soon.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
I do apologize for the lateness. I moved and totally forgot about this post. I'm going to put up images soon.
Wow. That was a year and a half ago...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes still available and I'll have pics by this weekend. i really prefer local pick up ( San Diego) I don't want to deal with the shipping. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
i really prefer local pick up ( San Diego) I don't want to deal with the shipping.
Well, that's a shame - if anyone, like me, is interested in an unused & primered hood: ebay has em for only $55 more with free shipping! Pontiac Solstice 06 10 Hood Panel Primered Primed | eBay

Of course, if you're in San Diego - it's much quicker and easier to get bigpun's (slightly cheaper, too)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dam couldn't edit original

Selling my pontiac solstice hood and side fenders because I just replace them with Norms fiberglass.
Victory red color
Hood is in good condition $400 ------------------now $250
Side fenders $60 each ----------------------------now $30
Located in San Diego, CA

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like Carey is the front runner...
No, I'm not in need of hood or fenders (and hopefully will never be!). I'd PM'd him in the hope that as another San Diego forum member, he might recommend 1-2 non-dealer mechanics in the area.

Dealer prices are just too damn high -- and when you add how absurd it is to have to go thru what it takes to do things on Solstices that take a LOT less time and work to do on many other cars ($800-1000 to change a water pump you can buy for under $50?!?!?!; having to remove your front fender to change the battery?!?!?! Come on!), I was hoping to find someone I could trust my car to for mechanical work while still leaving something in my bank account.

Anyway, he's replied to say that he uses the same dealer who checked my car out before I bought it, and who did the ignition recall work (following which I now have a lot of clanking noises coming from either the steering wheel column or somewhere in that area).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have to take the bumper/fascia, fender and retaining bar off my Dodge Avenger to get the Battery out - there are aLOT harder cars to work on. I remember my '85 Corvette had a water pump go out - the biggest recommendation for removal was to take out the engine first... lol!

Just do your own work - time was when the average person didnt have the experience or knowledge to do mechanical work. You only get the experience by doing and, with the internet (youtube, google, solsticeforum.com, etc.) you have all the knowledge you need to do it cheaper and better.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have to take the bumper/fascia, fender and retaining bar off my Dodge Avenger to get the Battery out - there are aLOT harder cars to work on. I remember my '85 Corvette had a water pump go out - the biggest recommendation for removal was to take out the engine first... lol!

Just do your own work - time was when the average person didnt have the experience or knowledge to do mechanical work. You only get the experience by doing and, with the internet (youtube, google, solsticeforum.com, etc.) you have all the knowledge you need to do it cheaper and better.

It's easy to say "Just do your own work" -- when you have no idea whether the person you say it to is physically capable, has any experience (much less expertise), has a place and the tools to do the work even if he's capable, etc..

Knowledge isn't the only criteria required to "do your own work".

It's GREAT that so many members of this forum can and do do their own work -- I admire that greatly -- but that doesn't mean that all of us can.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I haven't replaced my battery yet, but you can R&R the battery without taking the fender off by removing the tire, dropping the back half of the fender apron, and removing a brace. Water pump is a dilly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I haven't replaced my battery yet, but you can R&R the battery without taking the fender off by removing the tire, dropping the back half of the fender apron, and removing a brace. Water pump is a dilly.
While maybe not quite as much work as I implied, that's still a LOT more than most cars in history have ever required you to do when changing a battery.

Yes, I know some cars require even more. I'm talking "rule" rather than "exception". In most cases, the "exceptions" are million dollar super-cars, and as much as we like our Solstices, they're not quite in that category.

:)

·
Registered
693 Posts
it almost seems easier to remove and replace the fender without jacking the car up...i think thats what im going to do when the time comes.isnt it less than a dozen bolts to remove the fender...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts