Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help my hood fall. When opening the hood it will not stay up, gas shocks must be weak. Has any one had this on there car. My car also pull to the right I think this is just a front end alignment. I will check tire PSI first. Thanks, I love this car, It is great. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,670 Posts
tbird54: sorry you're having such trouble with your car. Hope it gets squared away pronto.

Would be nice if you put your VIN in your signature so we can keep track of who you are. At the top of any page of posts, go to User CP, select Edit Signature, and add whatever you want, such as VIN, delivery date, color, options, whatever! Thanks.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
tbird54 said:
Help my hood fall. When opening the hood it will not stay up, gas shocks must be weak. Has any one had this on there car. My car also pull to the right I think this is just a front end alignment. I will check tire PSI first. Thanks, I love this car, It is great. :party:
Take it to the dealer he'll fix it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
At 55 I worry about more than just my hood staying up. :blush: Take your car to your dealer, they should be able to fix it without any trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
I spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks back about servicing Sol's

He said they had had no formal training.
Also from another thread i saw fuel pump ----- no parts are avaliable yet.

Could be a bad omen

Mine is at factory (I think) - Quality Assurance!!!!!

Makes Me wonder Tucker or Edsel

:lol: :willy: :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Lemon?

Let's hope all these problems are isolated issues. GM, please don't ship my car until you find every possible quirk and kink. Resolve these matters, then ship my car. Yes, the wait is long, but I don't want a lemon. Except in my lemonade.... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
ntouched said:
Let's hope all these problems are isolated issues. GM, please don't ship my car until you find every possible quirk and kink. Resolve these matters, then ship my car. Yes, the wait is long, but I don't want a lemon. Except in my lemonade.... :lol:

:agree: TO a POINT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
meallen1220 said:
I spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks back about servicing Sol's

He said they had had no formal training.
Also from another thread i saw fuel pump ----- no parts are avaliable yet.

Could be a bad omen

Mine is at factory (I think) - Quality Assurance!!!!!

Makes Me wonder Tucker or Edsel

:lol: :willy: :brentil:
From a dealers perspective.

Parts will be an issue at first. But I would not think it will be a severe delay that over night delivery could not remedy.

As far as working on the vehicles. No formal training is given on a very large majority of the vehicles. However service manuals are available on the Solstice.

A service manual tells you how to do EVERYTHING on a car. So all the mechanic has to do is troubleshoot and then refer to the manual.

An exerienced mechanic with the right service manual can fix almost anything. A hood's tension will be something the oil changer could do for you. Should be no problem at all.

Everyone really has to remember that this is the first year of a brand new archetype. There are going to be issues that will take a service department several tries to get right. Please be patient with your dealerships. They may keep the car longer so they can "look" at the car. I know that one of our 1st Kers was gracious enough to allow our serivce department and me a couple of hours to dismantle come of the minor components under the hood so we could see how the lower 1/2 looked. Once they wiggle around with the car for a bit they will have it down to an art.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
At 55 I worry about more than just my hood staying up. :blush: Take your car to your dealer, they should be able to fix it without any trouble.
But with your level of experience comes speedy delivery, no as they say beating around the bush :lol: so the hood doesn't have to stay up for all that long. :glol:
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top