Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I planned to change my 07 GXP's oil, belts, and a few other odds and ends. Unfortunately, my hood release handle broke when I reached down to open the hood, and it took me an hour just to remove the handle from underneath the steering wheel and get the hood open (I changed the oil but didn't have time for anything else).

I searched around the forum, but I didn't find any threads mentioning the same issue. I know that if I just get new parts, I can put everything back together, but I just need the part numbers .

I found someone on the sky forums who had their cable snap, and it looks like when they ordered the cable from GMpartsdirect, they also got the "Inside Car Hood Release Handle" (see picture in link http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/a...-cable-repair-picture-instructions-slide1.jpg)

The Sky handle looks the same as mine, so that part might work, I just don't want to order the cable if all I need is the handle. Also, the metal bracket that mounts the handle is also bent, so I was going to replace that while I was down there.

Does anyone have access to a schematic where I could find the part number for the release handle and the mounting bracket?

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Dell - be sure to click on Red's embedded link above the diagram. That will take you to Nalley's site where you can correlate the number on the diagram to the actual part number.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
GM part # 15773638 Cable ,Hood Release The handle itself is item #14 which looks like a separate piece search a couple of data bases I have but can't come up with a GM part # for the handle

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
25785135 for the left hood latch and 25785136 for the right hood latch (both #13). Be sure to grease these after you put in the hood release cable and handle assy.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Dell Dude :per the Parts Dept .at Nalley the hood release is made up of 4 parts the actual release cable which if you look at the schematic that Red One 07 posted is #14 which also includes the hood release handle that goes under the dash part # 15773638 $45.57 there is a discount if you order it on line . There are also 2 hood release mechanisms on each side of the car 25785135 left hand and 25785136 right hand $41.10 # 13 on the schematic .If the handle it broken you have to order the release cable as they don't sell that part separately

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help! I've been at working so much that I haven't addressed this issue yet, I'll order the part today! Also, does anyone know the part number for the bracket that holds the release handle? Mine was bent when I bought the car, it has become worse over time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Thanks for the help! I've been at working so much that I haven't addressed this issue yet, I'll order the part today! Also, does anyone know the part number for the bracket that holds the release handle? Mine was bent when I bought the car, it has become worse over time.
Again. Just remember the site: parts.nalleygmc.com. You can look things up for yourself.

Having said that, the page at Nalley seems to show the bracket comes with:
HOOD. Fits: Sky | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

Item 13:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
TS, that illustration you posted is for a DAEWOO. The illustration for the Solstice, shows the handle and cable assy. as #14 with the latches being #13.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
TS, that illustration you posted is for a DAEWOO. The illustration for the Solstice, shows the handle and cable assy. as #14 with the latches being #13.
I just picked the first illustration for the Part number that StingYa gave. But the Solstice image shows exactly the same:

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
If I'm reading this right go to my post I have all the part #s associated with the hood release handle, brackets and cable The bracket that holds the release handle comes with the release cable item # 14 on Nalley's diagram or # 13 on T.S 's

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Bill - EVERYONE is too big to get under there. Just be sure to resist the temptation to climb on the passenger seat to contort yourself under there - lest you mess up the air bag sensor in the seat.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
It's actually very easy to remove the drivers seat. You might consider that. Four bolts through the floor, the connecter under the seat and the seatbelt bolt and it lifts right put.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts