Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rats! A ladder fell on the hood of Mysti, and left several dents. :cuss: Paintless dent repair won't cut it. So, gotta have some body work done. I've been thinking about adding a hood scoop, but the only one readily available is Norm's Fiberglass, and I'm not really big on his designs.

I like to see any pictures of Sostices with custom hood scoops anyone may care to share.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Here is another sample

Rx4theSol, aka John G

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Here is another sample

Rx4theSol, aka John G
I'm not a fan of (mostly) nonfunctional hood scoops being stuck on for looks, but I don't mind the one you pictured. In combination with the stripes it results in a period sort of look.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I believe Norm made the one for Werks. He just covered the front vents. He has also made special hood scoops for others. I know Phixious did one that had the cylon look. I like that mine is functional for air in and air out vents. To each their own.

Rx4thesol, I love the detail and stripes with yours.

Here is mine:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I'm not a fan of (mostly) nonfunctional hood scoops being stuck on for looks, but I don't mind the one you pictured. In combination with the stripes it results in a period sort of look.
Actually wspohn,
No stuck on hood scoop here and it is completely functional. I have a DDMworks Stage III supercharger and the air intake is located right behind the scoop intake grill. Works very well.

rx

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Actually wspohn,
No stuck on hood scoop here and it is completely functional. I have a DDMworks Stage III supercharger and the air intake is located right behind the scoop intake grill. Works very well.

rx
Sounds good. Do you have an under hood shot? I'd be interested in how the lay out goes.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Sounds good. Do you have an under hood shot? I'd be interested in how the lay out goes.
Here is a good pic:

Together with the custom vented side vents, I rarely hit over 200 deg F. even here in the desert southwest.

Rx

·
Registered
787 Posts
Rx....I love your Sol!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
RX4thesol Nice and like the light's. Well done!
Thank you TAZZ

I believe Norm made the one for Werks. He just covered the front vents. He has also made special hood scoops for others. I know Phixious did one that had the cylon look. I like that mine is functional for air in and air out vents. To each their own.

Rx4thesol, I love the detail and stripes with yours.

Thank you CDFLINT. I have enjoyed the car and especially working on the car like many on this forum.

Rx....I love your Sol!
Thank you BANDITCAR. I really appreciate that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is the scoop I had done.

The chrome grill is from an early 60's Austin Healey 3000, and the shape of the scoop emulates the 3000 shape.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is the scoop I had added to my car.

The chrome scoop is from an early 60's Austin Healey 3000 and the scoop shape emulates that of the 3000.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts

The chrome scoop is from an early 60's Austin Healey 3000 and the scoop shape emulates that of the 3000.
Love how this looks and I also love RX4thesol's scoop. Both look very cool!:cool:
The stripe and scoop combo on both cars looks really nice!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

That is interesting. While that Austin Healey was being made at the Jensen factory (where the bodies were created) they were also producing their own car, a CV-8. The bonnet scoop on it looks a lot like the Healey item (the early CV8 had the grating in it but I left it off my car).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts