Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the quality issues have been worked out now that they are on zz and fm's and reg. allocation. Maybe we can get out cars a little faster then the first 1000. I'm getting really impatient.

·
Registered
182 Posts
deluke said:
I hope the quality issues have been worked out now that they are on zz and fm's and reg. allocation. Maybe we can get out cars a little faster then the first 1000. I'm getting really impatient.
the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that I am better off not being a first 1000

G

·
ESERIES3 said:
the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that I am better off not being a first 1000
:agree: I am not the type who would order a first model year car, because of almost inevitable problems, but this car is too beautiful to pass up.

By the time they get to mine, they should have their procedures down pat. :lol:

·
Registered
535 Posts
It is kind of a blessing to not be a f1k because if you think back, alot of the first models of alot of cars have had their problems. I bought a 1998 VW New Beetle. The 98 had horrible problems that first year unless it was made in the second quarter. Lucky mine was made in the third quarter but I knew some who had the early cars and it was problem after problem.
So what could be a potential value booster for the Solstice could actually be the plague. For F1K people I hope not. But it makes you think!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
First year is always a gamble. I did well with my SUV (Escape) on 1st year.

I think they did shake out a few possible "bugs" in the process on the first 1000 cars but on the other hand they did also use them as a "test bed" to check quality and make sure things were coming out right before fully ramping up. Not sure what they really found/fixed on first 1000, maybe just a lot of slow caution before swinging the barn doors open.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Having an early build car, and even a first model year car always increases the risk for problems. So long as GM is willing to repair/recall potential problems and not sweep them under the carpet, it wouldn't be a big deal to me.

Also, since they seem to be taking quality so seriously with this car, I do not think they will let any actual problems linger too long.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Zolsol said:
Had a first year Fiero; not one problem. Had it for 10 years.
If only your experience was shared with all of the 84 owners, Pontiac would still be selling Fieros. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts