Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
The ultimate temperature is an important factor, but the driving criteria is delta T. If you tighten the clamp on a cold day, then the operating temp is 100 degrees higher you can end up with too much pressure on the clamp. Ideally using a constant torque clamp obviates the over torque condition. I am using constant torque because I can 馃槆

Premium Member
When we went to remove the MAP sensor from the factory charge tubes, it refused to come out. I put in a new spare. The new spare is identical but for the seal. the seal is smaller. When I went on line to replace the now used spare I found that the BOSCH MAP sensor has been replaced with a new part number and at least on CED, the seal is a separate part. Apparently so you can remove and reinstall the sensor when needed.

Premium Member
We installed new charge pipes (green of course) and the DDM throuttle body elbow on the Dragon this weekend. Strobe used a constant pressure spring T clamp and with the bolt facing forward had no issues with the installation. Sorry you are having challenges.

I installed the same DDM elbow on my car back when it was turbocharged. I dont recall any challenges with that install bt it was several years ago. Mayhaps the clamp size is the issue?

Premium Member
from the video it looks like they slip on and have a cam closer that applies the pressure and keeps them closed. I did not see any welding. But they need to be the right size which can be a challenge for many of us. :)

Premium Member
1 - 6 of 6 Posts