Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,626 Posts
FWIW i have a T-bolt clamp on my DDM Silicone Throttle body hose.
After struggling with it a couple times, I realized i could get it to hold in place with a little painters tape on the outside. Then once it was tightened the painters tape came right off (I left a long folded over extra lenth of tape on it so that i could just grab it like a "tab" to pull off the whole strip)..
I have often thought how nice it would be if the DDM Silicone included the clamp attached like the OEM rubber one for exactly the reason the OP posted.

I can't remember the size of the T-Bolt clamp but i did order it from DDM with the throttle body silicone hose as I assume they already knew all the correct sizes.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,626 Posts
The only places you need to use a constant pressure clamp which is what those clamps are is at the connection to the turbo. This is because of thermal expansion and the clamp getting stretched if there is no spring on it. The throttle body doesn't get hot enough to have that issue. Not to mention space is really limited where that clamp is and trying to get that one with the spring down in there would be a royal pain.
Interesting factoid KG. Maybe that is the source of my whistle as I only have a regular t-clamp on the turbo outlet to charge pipe....

· Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I have something whistling in my car as well. Mine sounds like a steam ship whistle. It's as loud as one is as well. only happens when i get into the high teens for boost pressure. I think I need to get a siny bit larger o-ring on the TMAP sensor. It's not as snug as I would like it to be. I am going to do that tomorrow morning on my way to emissions.
That sounds exactly like mine. I have described it elsewhere as a steady tone, like a teakettle and it only happens from about 15 PSI and up.
Let me know if you figure yours out.
It only started when i installed the EFR turbo.
I have pressure tested the air charge system and i don't think its the sensor on the cold side charge pipe and i replaced the stock air box with the GM CAI and that made no difference either.
The only variation to my whistle is if i stay in boost for a longer period of time (5th gear on the freeway) it “flutters” or “stutters” out at the end of the whistle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts