Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Hot or Not? 1999 Chevy Nomad Concept (NOT Kappa-based)

• A - Gotta Have IT! Most Beautiful Thing I've Ever Seen - Outstanding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B - Pretty Good (or clean, or nice), I'd definitely Look at it in the Showroom

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • C - Some may really like it, but it doesn't do much for me, there's some things I would want changed

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • D - Mmmm, So-so. I'll pass. There's something wrong with it in my eyes/not my style

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • E - Ugly?!? The Aztek has nothing on this thing

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • F - Oh my gosh! Is a paper bag for the driver standard? (or "what were they thinking?)

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As an afterthought, I added this poll. FWIW.

Don't confuse this car with the '04 Nomad Concept, which was Kappa-based.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm really glad they decided to scrap that idea for the newer Kappa design concept. The newer one just looks so much better in my opinion. This one just kinda looks like a boat to me.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The Kappa version is much better. However I do kinda like the grill treatment on this one (don't know about those millions of little bow ties though!) and thought that maybe because some people had problems with the '53 Vette grill on the Kappa version, maybe they should try a different redition of this '99 grill on that car. I have a feeling that the Vette grill on the Kappa is what keeps it from getting a better response from the general public. Just an idea. Overall though, this car isn't horrible, but has too many heritage styling gimmicks and the mirrors are totaly stupid.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Now that I have seen the Kappa Nomad, I don't like it. It has too many modern elements to it, where as the Kappa nomad looks much more identifiable with the original Nomad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts