Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I went to the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour 2012 at GM’s proving grounds in Milford Michigan. The forecast was for rain all day, but fortunately is was sunny and cool, a great day for looking at cars.

I would guess they had three to four thousand cars. GM went all out for this portion of the event that was held at Black Lake; at a large blacktop area in the center of one of the tracks. Entering the proving grounds they routed the cars through different parts of the grounds, parts that I had never seen. And when leaving the event they actually routed the cars onto different test tracks; even the high bank tracks.

The person I went with works at the proving grounds and he was saying that allowing cars onto the tracks was a rare event, and he was surprised that they allowed people onto the high bank track. Of course it was controlled and you couldn’t actually go high speeds. :cryin:

Hot Rod Magazine had several photographers taking pictures of all of the cars attending the event, one was taking pictures of cars as they entered and another was taking them parked at Black Lake. I found mine on the Hot Rod site:

The photo they took on entering the event was taken in an area where they seperated the cars and in a place that had a nice background. They gave you a slip of paper with a number on it so you can purchase it. I think it would be like a magazine cover shot.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice, I went with my friend Chris in his Saturn Sky Redline but we didn't pay for the parking on the main lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts