Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know any heat shield box or ways to keep the fuse box covered. I was looking for something that contains it. It gets really Hot because of the turbo. Any ideas let me know thanks!☺

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Hahn stage 2 turbo kit on my 06 Solstice and have a heat shield on it but it seems to still get pretty Hot where the fuse box is. I was looking for something that's like a box or anything that wrap it

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
Back in the day, one member actually measured the temperature inside the left and right fenders. That resulted in a lengthy discussion about under hood heat and whats good or bad. One good outcome of that was Norm made the vented fenders that will allow a lot of heat to flow out through the fenders.

If you are really concerned, take a look at Norms vented fenders and his functional hoods. He has a version that pulls high pressure air in through the front and other versions that extract air from under the hood. And the look great.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Rob is of course talking about Norms fiberglass dot com Superman.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
There is short term heat effect and long term.

I agree that short term doesn't seem to be a problem. We don't really know about long term yet, and some sort of heat shielding wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have a 1971 Jensen Interceptor. They use a big block Chrysler engine which puts out a lot of heat. The only time they have electrical issues is when someone has tried to move the engine harness, because the years of heat hardens the plastic insulation until it cracks and falls off if you try and bend the wire. There may have been advances in the plastic they use today, but unless someone knows better, the same thing might afflict a turbo Solstice eventually.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked out Norms fiberglass fenders. They look good, 429 for each side is pretty pricey though. (College student here) I'm gonna save up. Its gonna be a while though. I appreciate the help yall. ?cutting out the fender isn't a bad idea. Hm, and putting a black screen to cover. I seen some at ASAP graphics and they look legit

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I checked out Norms fiberglass fenders. They look good, 429 for each side is pretty pricey though. (College student here) I'm gonna save up. Its gonna be a while though. I appreciate the help yall. ��cutting out the fender isn't a bad idea. Hm, and putting a black screen to cover. I seen some at ASAP graphics and they look legit
That cost from Norm is for both fenders not each indicated by the $429/pr price. The black screen covers at ASAP are just inserts for the OEM fender, no cutting involved. ASAP is certainly legit though, Tony has been a member here for many years.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Some thoughts : I've had my Hann system on for 2 + years now with no ill effects that being said I've done things to lessen the amount of heat under hood .The first thing was I had my turbo components ceramic coated to lower temps and keep everything clean looking .I also relocated my power steering reservoir and have added heat resistant cover to my coil harness and some other under hood wiring .I run oil specifically made for turbo cars Joe Gibbs Racing LS 30 . Flush and fill my cooling system an added some Reline water wetter .I did have a Hann turbo heat shield and have since changed that over to a DEI turbo blanket noticeable difference . I put on a set of Norms 69 Trans Am style fenders (can't bare to call them ZR1 style ) by the way my fenders were $ 439.00 for the pair unpainted and I'm currently looking at a way to cut a vent into my hood or add some type of a scoop . Your battery should be fine but if your concerned DEI Engineering sells a heat shield blanket specifically made to cover a battery . The fender insert that Tony sells ASAP Graphics is just that a cover that goes over the fender dimple and has no real purpose other than decorative but it does dress up that area .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts