Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Household Income: IF you are a potential Kappa Customer?

• $30,000 or Less

Votes: 15 3.9%
  • $30,001-$45,000

Votes: 20 5.2%
  • $45,001-$60,000

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • $60,001-$75,000

Votes: 43 11.1%
  • $75,001-$100,000

Votes: 74 19.1%
  • $100,001-$115,000

Votes: 45 11.6%
  • $115,001-$130,000

Votes: 39 10.1%
  • $130,001-$145,000

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • $145,000-$175,000

Votes: 35 9.0%
  • $175,000 or more

Votes: 46 11.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this can be uncomfortable, but nobody is going to look you up and try to figure out your income.

This post is selected to NOT make public who voted which. It's just an informal poll.

I'll check my choice after three people have anonymously checked theirs.

This is information that is surely gathered when GM or other companies check on their "target market". I suspect we'll see a very broad range here - as well as a broad range on the age.

AND the results will be skewed because this is a voluntary poll, with emphasis on computer literates that actually participate in forums, but what the heck. It's all in fun...

I'm also not trying to insult anyone.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Household income is one thing, discretionary income is another. Where you live and how many kids you have makes sooooo much difference on how easy it is to buy a car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
AeroDave said:
Household income is one thing, discretionary income is another. Where you live and how many kids you have makes sooooo much difference on how easy it is to buy a car.

Very true. Being young and sharing an apartment leaves me with a decent level of disposable income.

I make >$10 an hour. Barely nudge 40 hours a week... calculated out to be about $14k a year at best. Sounds downright pitiful!!!

I'm still somehow capable of putting aside $100 a week for my Solstice!

Thats my plan and I'm stickin to it!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Being Canadian I have to sutract lets see now :confused approximately 25% :banghead Then when the purchase comes another 15%taxes oh well could be worse :cheers

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
nighttripper said:
Being Canadian I have to sutract lets see now :confused approximately 25% :banghead Then when the purchase comes another 15%taxes oh well could be worse :cheers
SUBTRACT

·
Registered
81 Posts
The wide range of incomes thus far says a lot about the Solstice.

Those who may have to scrimp and save some are saying the Solstice is well worth their hard-earned dollars.

Those in the middle of the scale who have a couple of options are saying the Solstice is a better value than its competitors.

And those on the top of the scale are saying that, money no object, the Solstice is still one of the most desirable, fun to drive cars on the market.

Good job, Bob. :)

-Stephen M

·
Registered
37 Posts
Value

Money is always an object regardless of income. Value is what makes the sale. Thanks for the good observation.

Stephen M said:
The wide range of incomes thus far says a lot about the Solstice.

Those who may have to scrimp and save some are saying the Solstice is well worth their hard-earned dollars.

Those in the middle of the scale who have a couple of options are saying the Solstice is a better value than its competitors.

And those on the top of the scale are saying that, money no object, the Solstice is still one of the most desirable, fun to drive cars on the market.

Good job, Bob. :)

-Stephen M

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Amazing that the income distribution is about as widely spread across the whole range as the ages of people on the forum. :thumbs

The fact that people are saving for the car and think it is worth the price is a good sign. But what really amazes me is that people with really high income levels see it as a great value, even though they can easily afford some expensive (although great) cars too!

GM is going to be pleased with this one. They are going to have a real hit on their hands! :cool

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Y'know, I didn't actually state whether they should report adjusted gross, total income, or after-tax net household income...

Maybe that guy is a DINK. (dual income no kids).

I have a few friends that are SITCOM's (Single Income, Three Children, Opressive Mortgage). :lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
solsticeman said:
Y'know, I didn't actually state whether they should report adjusted gross, total income, or after-tax net household income...

Maybe that guy is a DINK. (dual income no kids).

I have a few friends that are SITCOM's (Single Income, Three Children, Opressive Mortgage). :lol
lol, that would make me a DICK. (dual income college kid)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
XLER8ER said:
lol, that would make me a DICK.
We were being polite, but now that you bring it up... :lol :jester

J/K of course. Being a double income college kid is much better than being a NICK (No income college kid). :smile

·
Registered
72 Posts
XLER8ER said:
lol, that would make me a DICK. (dual income college kid)
If your college kid has a dual income, I'd say you raised him/her right!! :lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yellatec said:
If your college kid has a dual income, I'd say you raised him/her right!! :lol
Just like DINK = dual income no kid
What I was saying = dual income + paying for college kid
but he does have a full time job (single income) and that helps.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
:lurk:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Not what it seems

It is really the amount of discretionary income someone has, not the gross income, we have lots of friends that spend more discretionary income and have less gross income than my wife and I.

I put three of my four kids through college at aprox 300,000 grand. I did not want them to have any student loans, so they could start out debt free. After student loan payments, automatic stock deductions, savings deductions, wife's simple IRA, 401k, flexable savings accounts, lots o life insurance, gifts to grandkids(trust me this is huge thanks to my soft hearted wife). Maintanence on the wifes Jaguar. There is just not that much left in the discretionary basket. But I can buy any car I want, it is just making the decision based on what would be the best use for the bucks, taking into account "pleasure vs common sense curve." I could buy a 100,000 dollar Jag XKR, but I would rather have the money go to investments. The solstice is a perfect fun car for me, 25,000 to 30,000 sidetraked for fun is certainly worth it. 70,000 to 100,00 is not.

Some may think the kids education should have paid for by them, but I went to college and later in a life change, medical school on my own dime. At the time I was married with a child, and worked the nightshift in a warehouse, and overtime on weekends, going to school all day and studying inbetween. It did cost me a marriage and not a life I wanted anyone else to go through.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts