Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, it's time to get together again, folks. If we go this weekend, we MIGHT get an old timer to join us, DreamerDave, who happens to be in town for a few days with his beautiful Mysterious.
I'm asking for suggestions for a meet. Many people like to run up to Highway 105 out of Conroe, go north on FM 149 through the Sam Houston National Park (about 10 degrees cooler because of the tall shady trees), and stopping at Yankee Tavern in Carlos, TX for a great burger lunch.
Another possibility: taking the ferry across to the San Jacinto monument and USS Texas.
Everyone loves to go to Kemah Boardwalk.
Any other ideas? Let me know what you prefer by posting here, thanks
OK, a consensus has been reached: it's Sunday, 08/26/2012. Meet 11 AM at Hooter's on FM 1960 a block west of I-45 on the north side of the street. We'll cruise up to Loop 336 South, then west around the curve to Hwy 105, then west to FM 149, north through the Sam Houston National Forest, ending up at Yankee Tavern in Carlos for a great lunch with friends. Please post to say if you're coming or not. Thanks.

PARTICIPATING..............SEE YA NEXT TIME
Gizmo...........................Ybrew (probably not)
AWhatstice
dar1959
CLSOL
tommyO
Hubert
Midlife Crisis
Yogi
Bushwacker (probably)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have no preference. Last year was my first time and I had a blast.

I'd prefer more than a couple of days notice, but I plan to join whenever and wherever it is.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like the 105 route....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Let me know. Wherever is fine by me. I like the run up to Highway 105 out of Conroe, go north on FM 149 through the Sam Houston National Park (about 10 degrees cooler because of the tall shady trees), and stopping at Yankee Tavern in Carlos, TX for a great burger lunch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let us go ride this week end and again in September. Call the September date 1KULSOL.

Thank you for your time and energy,
Dwin

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us go ride this week end and again in September. Call the September date 1KULSOL.

Thank you for your time and energy,
Dwin
Sounds like a decision has been made! :grouphug: It's Yankee Tavern again.

Let's meet at Hooter's on FM 1960, a block west of I-45 on the north side of the street, at 11 AM Sunday, August 26, 2012. Everyone who is in, please post your acknowledgement. Also please notify others who might be interested.

1KULSOL, you call the September meet, post the details, and we'll be there, buddy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm there :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm gonna do my best to be there on the 26th. I'm 90% committed now.
I'm 100% committed to a september run.

·
Registered
246 Posts
We will plan on seeing you there:thumbs:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Carm and I would love to join ya'll. See ya on the 26th.
later
tommyO

·
Registered
159 Posts
Count me in!
Hubert

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks Giz for the note!!! Dependant on what's up with my son-in-law, I'll be there!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Giz for the note!!! Dependant on what's up with my son-in-law, I'll be there!
Great! I look forward to seeing you again, it's been way toooooooo long!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'll be there! :eek:

Looking forward to seeing everybody! :cheers:

Yogi

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think I may even try to make this run.

I will do my best to see you guys Sunday.

Bill

·
Registered
431 Posts
For various reasons, this weekend isn't gonna pan out for me, but I am committed to a run in September.

Just curious though - the weather forecast sunday is NOT favorable. Up near Yankee Tavern, it'll probably be dry, but the way up there might not be so good.

Do y'all still go if it's raining/wet roads?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For various reasons, this weekend isn't gonna pan out for me, but I am committed to a run in September.

Just curious though - the weather forecast sunday is NOT favorable. Up near Yankee Tavern, it'll probably be dry, but the way up there might not be so good.

Do y'all still go if it's raining/wet roads?
Rain does not mix well with the Pontiac Solstice. Our final decision will be made Saturday night.

September meet might be October 7, a Sunday. One of our comrades is arriving from the Middle East on October 1.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts