Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Daughter and her family were without power for almost 3 days. Son-in-law commented about how our state is not for the "weak". I'm petitioning for an official change to our tourism motto:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
You haven't figured out yet that the weathermen work for the grocery stores?

Store has an overstock of milk and toilet paper, so it calls the weatherman. Weatherman predicts snow and the overstock disappears.
Hahaha, I just now saw this!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The weathermen were actually right about the snow in Western Washington.

We've had 14" of snow since Friday. It's the snowiest month in 33 years and the 14" beat the old February record from 1949.

It's the most snow I've seen here. I've shoveled the driveway and deck 6 times!

The people in snow country and the Northeast would think 14" of snow is nothing but around here there's nobody on the road. There are cars and trucks in ditches. Most of them are AWD or 4X. Most people here do not know how to drive in the snow because we get so little snow and infrequently.

I drove around in wife's 08 Cadillax SRX AWD with Michelin All Seasons. Had no problem driving around and going up hills. The car is heavy for its size. The car was designed as a rear wheel drive car so it provides more traction to the rear.

A steep hill and curve at the entrance of the neighborhood prevented many of my neighbors from getting home. Most of the stuck cars were smaller crossovers and FWD cars. Mostly imports, Subarus were unable to go up the hill. Several guys with 4 X 4's with big tires were towing and winching cars up the hill.

I waited until the road was clear before attempting the hill. The 4 X 4 guys asked if I thought I needed assistance. I replied "no thanks, a little hill wasn't going to stop 4,000 pounds of Detroit iron". I made it slowly to the top without difficulty. People at the top asked if I had studed tires. I said "We don't need no stinking studs - it's an American car".

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Last "real" snowstorm her was awesome. Two days later it sucked because everyone was BACK on the road! lol!

Daughter and her family were without power for almost 3 full days last week - weekend. They live north of us and it looks like they'll just get snow tonight and tomorrow. Our forecast is for up to 1/2 inch of ice with up to 4 inches of snow.

Generator ready, gas cans full, kerosene cans full (for garage heater) freezers have plenty of food and beer supply is stocked. Bring it Mom Nature!

·
Registered
325 Posts
JohnWR

You are up late again. I should get inquisitive and have you take some brake reservoir pictures for me again.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts