Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that my car feels perfectly suited for me. I am 6 ft., maybe 155.
Today a gentelman wanted to see how he would fit in my car. This guy was not huge and I didn't ask him specifics, but he was, lets be polite, stocky. I'd say 55yo, 5 ft., 10 in. probably let's say 260 lbs. With the door closed it was definitely full. He felt that it wouldn't be to tight. As with everyone else I've meet, he loved it's looks.

My assistant drove it. She is ,gee, I don't know, about 5 ft. 4, may me 120, curly red hair and, well , that doesn't matter. Anyway, she, well ofcourse loved the car, wanted one, it's so cool, fun to drive, ... but then she said, " Do you have problems seeing who's in the blind spots, or is it just because I'm shorter". Well it isn't exactly easy with the top up, for me. And I don't know if it is more ditfficult if your down lower, cause I'm not. Another good reason for my wife not to drive it!

I know that my 10 year old son, can see forward. However he can't if there is a big box of cub scout popcorn on his lap keeping him down. It was the only place to carry a box, sorry Harry.

So I was just wondering what is the range of height/ weight that people have found this car to be comfortable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Too Tall

I am 6'6" and weight about 245 pounds. I sat in the Solstice at a Ride and Drive Event in PG County, MD about 2 months ago, and I have to say that the Soltice is way too small for me. I have been watching the developement of this car for some time now, and had been anticipating that this roadster would be the one for me. But now I am basicially back to the drawing board. I have also sat in the new Miata MX-5, and it also way too small for me. I hear that the Honda S2000 has made interior changes, but I do not know if the leg room has increased. The BMW Z4 does fit somewhat, but i know that i would be getting major cramps after a long period of time driving. The BMW 325 covertible (although not a roadster) gives me the best fit. I might settle on getting a used one. I also sat in a used and new corrvette, but they are tight as well. The problem that I have with these cars is that my knees get caught between the steering wheel and the center console. Does anyone know of another roadster that I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Freshen, I'm similar spec'd, 6'1.5" ~160lbs. Everything fit fine, a little more closed in then I'm used to, but still very comfortable.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a 26 year old son, 6-4, 230 lbs., he could not drive it. His eye sight is right at the top of the wind sheild, his legs are hitting the sterring wheel. He has road in it but his knees are right in the dash board. I am 5-11, 205 lbs and it fits me great. My other son who is 5-11 just told the older one that it means he gets it when I am dead.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
POTFH said:
I have a 26 year old son, 6-4, 230 lbs., His eye sight is right at the top of the wind sheild, his legs are hitting the sterring wheel. ... My other son who is 5-11 just told the older one that it means he gets it when I am dead.
Good to see they are planning for the future :glol:

Looks like my boys will have to come up with another basis for determining 'who gets it', as niether of them have much hope of being more than 5'10".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts