Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

My friend who ordered his car 1 day before me from another dealer got a free hat offer in the mail awhile back, I have not been offered this from my dealership. I called the sale mgr about my order and he is saying he can't give me any info about my ordered unit.

I ordered/placed a deposit on the car in early April. How can I confirm they did order it and not going to keep it for their inventory, I am CONCERNED!!!! :willy:

Thanks
ALSO HOW DO YOU FIND OUT WHAT WAVE YOUR ORDER IS IN?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Your dealer has all that information... :-/

You'll have to talk to someone there and find out if it is indeed ordered. Ask a manager to check for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sales Mgr Does Not Know

Sales Mgr states he has no info on my car. He should know if I will be getting one and what wave Yes/No.

I have my copies of the contract do you think he really has no clue? :brentil:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It sounds like you weren't entered into the early order program (EOP), because I believe those who were waitlisted all got the free hat offer. Those who made the first 1000 received the hats directly. The EOP ran from April 15 through April 24, but it required a step that was separate from the usual ordering system (VOMS). It entailed going to a special website and registering and then having the dealer go to another website to confirm your participation. Doesn't sound like that was done. I would pay a visit to your dealer and ask for a printout of your order and VOMS number from their order system. Many of us have received them so it should not be a problem. If they can't provide anything like that, I would have serious concerns that your order has been placed. Also find out how many cars they have been allocated and where your order falls in their priority list.

Don't be discouraged just because your dealer isn't on top of things ... most people here seem to be getting little or no information from their dealers. Just make sure your order is in and you should be OK. Good luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Copy of Contract or Copy of Order?

Hmmmm...being in the service, I ordered mine by fax to a home state dealer. Salesman faxed me a printout precisely listing my order specifications...the fax cover sheet said I was #8 in the dealers allocation of 10...dealership cashed my $500 deposit. I was told I would get this for MSRP--but also that MSRP would be as of the date of delivery. Are the rest of you out there running around with signed contracts already? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
When did you order? If you're not in his first month allocation then your car might not necisarily be in the system as far as a first 4 month allocation car. The free hat mail offer also was for those who tried to get into the EOP program. If you weren't in that timeframe you wouldn't get the offer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordered car day after tv show

I ordered my car a day after the tv show and the dealership states they have no info for me on a build time etc.....Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Not having info on build time is not the troublesome part. What you need to be able to see is the weekly printout of ALL cars the dealer has that are ordered. Whether it is a G6 being put on a truck or a GTO that has yet to be built down under they will have a listing of the order. If they can;t produce that then call the BBB ( or at least threaten to ) Sounds like they never ordered. I'm in first 1000 and don't have build date or VIN but I do have an order # that was generated WAY BACK IN APRIL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response 1 more ???

On the order sheet you talked about, will I be asking to see the sheet back on the day I ordered the car or will they have something current to look at. I will need to know what I am talking about If I am to question them.

Thanks alot!!!!
Daniel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts