Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How close are you to canceling your order poll.

• I am a Solstice faitful. I am not going anywhere. I will wait till the end of time.

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • Thought about switching for a second and then came to my senses.

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Im 50/50 at this time. I want to wait but then again I don't.

Votes: 22 14.2%
  • I am fed up and next week or month I am getting my deposit back.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sorry Pontiac, but you have just lost a sale. See you...

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • I have not yet ordered my Solstice

Votes: 24 15.5%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I just wanted to get an idea as to how many of you are close to going with another car. With all the issues and dates for production that Pontiac, how many of you are fed up and thinking about switching. Maybe Pontiac will be looking at this poll and can sorta get an idea of how many sales they could be loosing.

Solo

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Solo said:
Hello All,

I just wanted to get an idea as to how many of you are close to going with another car. With all the issues and dates for production that Pontiac, how many of you are fed up and thinking about switching. Maybe Pontiac will be looking at this poll andcan sorta get an idea of how many sales they could be loosing.

Solo
I'm hoping my 1:18th scale Solstice will tide me over.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will hang in there for the duration.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Depending on my ship date, I may cancel the order entirely. The car is totally impractical and I am only buying for the fun of it. If it gets to me too late in the year, I may cancel the order rather than making loan and insurance payments on it while it sits in the garage over the winter. There would be no fun in that. If I do cancel the order, I would wait until the turbo comes out. As it stands, the dealer is holding my $500.00 deposit since 4/15. But I can wait, I really do like the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Solo said:
Maybe Pontiac will be looking at this poll andcan sorta get an idea of how many sales they could be loosing.
Something tells me with 8000 orders back-logged they won't care about losing some :devil:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally dis-agree. If you owned a business, it does hurt when you lose sales. If those people that have cancelled tell other people about there issues and problems, it is a trickle down affect. They may not want to invest in a product that hasn't been even completed or tested yet by the average joe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PubliusE said:
Depending on my ship date, I may cancel the order entirely. The car is totally impractical and I am only buying for the fun of it. If it gets to me too late in the year, I may cancel the order rather than making loan and insurance payments on it while it sits in the garage over the winter. There would be no fun in that. If I do cancel the order, I would wait until the turbo comes out. As it stands, the dealer is holding my $500.00 deposit since 4/15. But I can wait, I really do like the car.
Totally impractical is right. I feel the exact same way...it was fun to get swept up in the excitement but November delivery and beyond....I won't wait that long.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Here is my senario... The Solstice will be my only car and my current car does not pass inspection. It is safe to drive, but will not pass. I can not register my car in October without it passing inspection and it is not worth paying for it to be fixed. If the Solstice takes too long I might be forced to cancel my order :brentil: , but I would wait until then.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Solo said:
I totally dis-agree. If you owned a business, it does hurt when you lose sales. If those people that have cancelled tell other people about there issues and problems, it is a trickle down affect. They may not want to invest in a product that hasn't been even completed or tested yet by the average joe.
I was being a smart a** but really, waiting is purely a personal decision based on personal needs and circumstances. Some times you just can't wait, there's nothing wrong with that.

On the flip side I don't think GM will rush the car out to "save" a few sales of the 8000. In the end they'll make more by having a quality product in the long run.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Here we go again.

Man I am so tired of the topic. They have been telling us the same thing ever since we registered for the program. "The cars will be here by October." Until that day comes and goes, the only question is... "Who likes to repeat a question if they do not get the answer they want?" Strangely enough, no matter how many times we ask "are they here yet?" the story is the same. I think GM has done an excellent job of keeping us informed. They can not help it if you do not like hearing the truth.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm waiting for the '07 models. I registed for the EOP, but decided that no matter how cool it would be to have a first-year Solstice, I'd rather wait & get what I really want. (I'm really going to envy you '06 guys when people start making ecstatic posts about cars being delivered.) First-year jitters? No, my 1993 Z28 is a first-year car and it's been pretty trouble-free, so I'm not worried about that. Call it the patience that comes with having a few years under my belt. I'm hoping for a turbo (or a Mallett LS2, if my luck hold out), 6-speed, and heated seats (for those few 20-something degree mornings that we get here in Gainesville). The rumored removable hardtop (that will probably fit the '06 cars, but why chance it?) will be a bonus, too.

Plus, an extra year will give the aftermarket an extra year for development.

·
4,592 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
I'm hoping for a turbo
I couldn't think of a more fitting member name/handle <WaitingForBoost> :lol:

·
Banned
69 Posts
I havent even ordered, im not sure about the Sky or solstice yet, undecided

·
Registered
905 Posts
The initial impatience has subsided, I'm enjoying my last couple months with my Sunfire in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
In for the duration, even if it means immediately putting it on blocks for four months.

Think about it, as soon as the snow is gone, we'll be the ones driving everyone else's Spring fever when we roll out of the garage.

Then they will find out there is STILL a waiting list in April '06, and the cycle repeats itself on this forum next year, but most of us won't be here, we'll out on the open road............................

·
Registered
79 Posts
How long will I wait?

I have been waiting for an affordable roadster,like the Solstice, for forty years. I can handle another couple of months.

·
5,600 Posts
I haven't ordered one yet. I'm going to let you guinea pigs find all the flaws in it so my 2007 is perfect. :devil:

·
4,592 Posts
jimbo said:
I haven't ordered one yet. I'm going to let you guinea pigs find all the flaws in it so my 2007 is perfect. :devil:
:lol: :jester:

·
Registered
72 Posts
jimbo said:
i'll wave as i go by (be sure to wave back) :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts