1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Does seem like it would be a handy thing to have all in one place...especially for "search impaired" people like me... :lol::willy:

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
Generally GM frowns at publicly available listings of TSB and TSB related materials. If TSBs are behind a "members only" firewall on a forum, GM usually lets it be. If the info is readily available to the public (if Google can find it) then GM will make life difficult for a forum owner/publisher.

The reason for this is that most TSBs include some proprietary information which the manufacturers consider "proprietary".

A listing of available TSBs by title is allowable. The organized posting of entire TSBs is frowned upon, and will earn the bulletin board organizing it a wonderful opportunity for discussion with GM attorneys, after which the TSB area of the bulletin board will usually become "unavailable".

Note: I am not associated in any way with GM other than being a vehicle owner of vehicles manufactured by current or past divisions of GM.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Generally GM frowns at publicly available listings of TSB and TSB related materials. If TSBs are behind a "members only" firewall on a forum, GM usually lets it be. If the info is readily available to the public (if Google can find it) then GM will make life difficult for a forum owner/publisher.

The reason for this is that most TSBs include some proprietary information which the manufacturers consider "proprietary".

A listing of available TSBs by title is allowable. The organized posting of entire TSBs is frowned upon, and will earn the bulletin board organizing it a wonderful opportunity for discussion with GM attorneys, after which the TSB area of the bulletin board will usually become "unavailable".

Note: I am not associated in any way with GM other than being a vehicle owner of vehicles manufactured by current or past divisions of GM.
Yet his original example was from the Chevy HHR forum...

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have access to them anyway....but I know who does! ;) Thus the reason I suggested it!

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,536 Posts
Yet his original example was from the Chevy HHR forum...
Yep, I followed his link, and since I'm not a member of that forum, they must be publicly available.

By the same token, Small Dealer used to post TSBs verbatim in messages dealing with whatever the problem was.

I was just putting forth information that has been shared with me from other people on other boards. I know Joe has hidden the TSBs from the public on his board.

Most of the information I have on this issue predates the bailout of GM by the Government, and that bailout may have made a difference in policy in the "new" GM.

Who knows, I don't, for absolutely sure. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
DaveOC is correct, I have my TSBs on Kappaperformance in a sub forum that isn't viewable to the google search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts