Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How commited are you to buying the Solstice?

• I am ready now, I don't need anymore info.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • I would buy it now if there were top and trunk pics.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I would buy it now if there were magazine drive tests.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I need to sit in one and look it all over first.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I need to drive one first.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I need to wait a year or two, see how it shakes out.

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the information we have as of 2/18/05, how commited are you to signing papers and paying the full price, not just a deposit, for the Solstice at this moment?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I have to see it to pony up all the money. I wouldn’t pay full up front, no matter how much we know on paper. The proof is in the pudding!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fformula88 said:
I have to see it to pony up all the money. I wouldn’t pay full up front, no matter how much we know on paper. The proof is in the pudding!
Damn you're quick! :eek: I hadn't even finished making the poll yet and you already responded! You might want to go back and vote. :)

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
I have to drive it no matter how good is on paper or how great the articles are for the car, after all you are the one paying the money, all the information is great and extremely helpfull, but I am the decision maker, no one else.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
Damn you're quick! :eek: I hadn't even finished making the poll yet and you already responded! You might want to go back and vote. :)
I’m not quick, you’re just slow! :lol:

Ok, my vote is in! ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't find an appropriate poll response. I would order the Solstice now if I wasn't also looking at the new Mazda MX-5. If the press hints about the MX-5 are fairly accurate, I will be getting that vehicle for model year 2006. If their information is way off for the worse, Pontiac will be getting my money this year. I should know in less than 2 weeks.

·
4,592 Posts
You can probably all guess my position........no?

I learned a valuable lesson with the MSM, don't buy until gouging is over. I got $7K off total MSRP, my 4x4 was $5K off MSRP, doubt I'll ever buy a car again near MSRP unless I hit the lottery :lol: Then, of course, driving te car is all important. And, new competition makes it an interesting question!

I will have a lot of fun test driving roadsters this year!

RODEO

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I selected the would buy now, since that's basically what I'm doing. I've put a deposit on one, of course that is refundable (I'm crazy, but not stoooopid :crazy:)

If there's anything I don't like about the car, I'll just mod it. Generally speaking, I can't leave a car alone (stock) anyway, so I expect to make some changes. I've never rushed in and bought a car for MSRP before this(excluding Saturns, but I still fought tooth-and-nail on the trade-in).

The nuttiest thing is, I haven't even seen one in person yet. Does that make me the most foolhardy forum member? Is Piippor going to make some sort of virtual trophy for me? :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I am ready now, although my bank account isn't. Of course I've got a little time before they actually show up. Remember the best time to buy a convertible is between Jan 1 and Groundhog Day.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've heard enough from people who got to sit in it, saying there is enough room for us big guys. That's all I needed to know. Now I just gotta get the financing.

They are being made in limited numbers, so they will be unique.

And I'm confident with today's technology and testing, a new model won't be nearly as subject to "bugs" as cars were in the old days.

So I'm ready.

·
4,592 Posts
Stephen M said:
I'm waiting a year or two for the FI version. The trunk as we know it is a deal breaker for me, so I'm hoping that's sorted out by then as well.
:agree: Forgot the mention the wait for the FI and trunk fix (should it happen)!

RODEO

·
Registered
46 Posts
The poll is missing a ranking.

I'm there, provided Pontiac dealers do not try and gouge.

If the Pontiac dealers tell me I have to pay over MSRP, then its goodbye Solstice, hello Sky.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I selected the would buy now, since that's basically what I'm doing. I've put a deposit on one, of course that is refundable (I'm crazy, but not stoooopid :crazy:)

If there's anything I don't like about the car, I'll just mod it. Generally speaking, I can't leave a car alone (stock) anyway, so I expect to make some changes. I've never rushed in and bought a car for MSRP before this(excluding Saturns, but I still fought tooth-and-nail on the trade-in).

The nuttiest thing is, I haven't even seen one in person yet. Does that make me the most foolhardy forum member? Is Piippor going to make some sort of virtual trophy for me? :yesnod:
:agree:'Cept. as you've read, I can't get anyone to take my deposit. And I'll fix what doesn't fit me. And this is my first MSRP as well. But the car I'm driving will need an new trannie soon and I'm using that as a rationalization to pay extra on it's replacement. But the main thing different is, I did get to see it last month and it did live up to my expectations! And I expect it will yours as well!

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Yeah, we all know the position of the traitorous outlandish miata forum troll! :glol:
doooooh!!! I'm coming up there for some chicken wings and to kick your *ss :glol:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
My dealer is still on target, saw him yesterday and added ABS to my list of Options. He is chomping at the bit to get this deal done---so I will leave him alone!!

Can't wait to write the check.

Will GM Card $'s come into play on this vehicle?

Steve

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
doooooh!!! I'm coming up there for some chicken wings and to kick your *ss :glol:
Just bring it! :devil: :lol:

Bring the Miata, but wait 3 months so the weather is nice. It will make a great road trip! :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Dec. took out a 2 yr. lease on a 04 GTO, so I have time to see how things shake out and if all looks well pick one up in Dec. 2006.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
glh said:
In Dec. took out a 2 yr. lease on a 04 GTO, so I have time to see how things shake out and if all looks well pick one up in Dec. 2006.
Welcome to the forum glh! :) I came close to leasing or buying a GTO myself in December with all those great deals on them, but I had second thoughts about driving it in the winter around here. Its definately a very nice vehicle!

It also gives you enough time to patiently wait for a higher horsepower Solstice than the initial 177 HP car!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts