Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How did you find out about the Apprentice/Early Order Program/First 1000 Program

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick poll to see how everyone found out about the Apprentice/Early Order Program/First 1000 Program.

If you chose other please specify in a post. ;)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was this forum. Thanks for all the great info everyone! (Even though I'm waitlisted. :( )

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Actually I "ordered" the car, including paying the deposit in March, long before I joined the forum and knew about the Apprentice deal. I kept trying the web site before the show and had everything entered by the time the first commercial came on. THANKS to all you guys for getting me a "heads up".

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife said "Hey B, there's that car you've been loooking at, why don't you go ahead and get one? You could be one of the first 1000."

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had been calling various Pontiac dealers for months trying to find one who would take a deposit from me for the Solstice. In early March I happened to call a Pontiac dealer the day he got his early order program info package and he told me I could put a deposit down that day.

Found this site shortly after.

Flagg

·
Registered
600 Posts
This forum has been the leader in getting information out and for the most part correct the soonest. I would have missed the car had it not been for the forum. I just hope and expect it to be the best place to find out more about aftermarket items and problems/fixes associated with the Solstice. This has been one of the best, if not the best, forums for staying on the subject and not trashing others. Keep it kind and we'll gain others.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
This forum has been the leader in getting information out and for the most part correct the soonest. I would have missed the car had it not been for the forum. I just hope and expect it to be the best place to find out more about aftermarket items and problems/fixes associated with the Solstice. This has been one of the best, if not the best, forums for staying on the subject and not trashing others. Keep it kind and we'll gain others.
mike', that's certainly all of our intentions. We've talked about expanding a mods section, and splitting the tech section as the place grows. I know Skycaptain and Rickady88GT will be great contributors to that section (maybe stonebreaker too!). We've also talked about users section - but doesn't make much sense to add too many sections until the need arises (like when people actually start getting their cars).

So, stay tuned :thumbs:.

Older thread on reorganizing the forum here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060

And I know Troy has some other ideas for adjusting the site.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I concur with mikefred1952's sentiments about the quality and content of this forum. If the demographics polls are indicative then this is truly an adult site. And I don't mean that younger members aren't welcomed, encouraged, etc. The youth are our future. (somebody else can get extra credit for finding the author of that or a close proximity) And the experienced are our guides.

The manners and demeanor of the members here is commendable and I look forward to it every day. We don't flame, blast, swear, act bigotted, etc (without mostly editing remarks before posting) We do entertain some heated discussions that turn out calm in the end. I watched a thread on another site where things got so out of control and accusations flying back and forth that made you think that if the players were in the same room together that someone wasn't coming out alive.

In the words of Neil Young solsticeforum.com "Long May You Run."

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it was this forum but my saleslady had also given me a call about the apprentice. I had picked up a pontiac brochure with a couple pictures of the car in it some time ago and she had taken my number to keep me updated and she did. Worked out well for her and I both as my wife purchased a Gmc Envoy from her the week before Solstice day. She got me for 2 cars in two weeks but I dont mind, I got my Solstice.

Pinegar Buick,Gmc,Pontiac in Branson Mo. will have my business. I have as of yet to hear from my local dealer here in Arkansas about the Solstice program or when they could order even though I had left my number quite some time ago. Oh well, they will get to see it when I drive by.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
I couldn't agree more! :agree: Its a testament to the great people on this forum that everyone keeps things on an even keel, and respects everyone else. Its a result of the people that are on this forum, both old members and new members. With the track record we have seen so far, I see no reason why the forum won't continue to be a great place for Solstice information.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was aware the Solstice was due this Summer and had visited a couple dealerships asking them about when I could order. Then one day in March I stopped into the dealership closest to my house, happened to be the day they received a video on the EOP program and were just starting it and invited me to watch with the sales team. After the video I pulled out my credit card, put money down, and started counting the days until The Apprentice and April 15.

Hungering for information on this car I then I discovered this forum and was a long-term "lurker" until I decided to weigh in on something or other.

This has been a great resource--thanks to all those "First 1000 Members"--and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also agree about this forum. No other place would i be able to find so much info..
Thanks so much to all that contributed to the forum and keep up the great work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got on my dealer's Solstice list so long ago I don't remember. In March he called me and told me all about the First 1000 promo. I was just lucky that my small town dealer was one of the good ones that actually read the information on the EOP program and knew how it would work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didn't know about the EOP, I didn't know about the Apprentice, and I didn't know about this forum. I just happen to go to www.pontiac.com and bam!! There was this car... Wow!! I've got to have that car!!! I don't even remember why I went to Pontiacs website. That was 2 days before the start of the EOP.
I don't really care about the first 1000. I know there is a lot of you who want that more than I. I just want one and will order within the next couple of weeks.. I'll wait however long it takes. I need to get my GMS paperwork lined up first.
Since then I stumbled upon this forum and have gained a multitude of great information. Thank you all.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SteveB said:
I just want one and will order within the next couple of weeks.. I'll wait however long it takes.
SteveB,
If you don't wanna wait until Next Year -- You may want to hurry and get your order in!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had started looking on ebay for a convertible sports car about three weeks before EOP day and had seen local dealer advertising for SOLSTICE orders. Didn't have a clue what the price tag would be. I never watch The Apprentice, but by sheer luck, I clicked on it the night of THE SHOW and caught the segment about the design of the brochure and then saw THE COMMERCIAL. Went to the website and got my ID Number. Went to the dealer on Friday and was amazed how little they knew about how it was going to work. I was the only customer there. After struggles to get into the server, getting booted off once (timed out) my number went through. I'm a little late on the SOLSTICE train, but I'm glad I've got a ticket and can't wait for THE CAR to come into the station. If it's October, I'll be taking a deep south road trip immediately. This forum has been great -- found it via YAHOO.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
We ordered our car in January and I don't really remember how I found out about the EOP. I think it was on the "Forum" since my dealer never knew much about the program before I did. Once again, thanks to the many Forum members who have given such good information. Still waiting for the first call :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts