Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I want to drive it like I stole it!!!

I bought a cool GXP auto in 2007 for my wife. To say we love this car would be an understatement...... I paid 28,900 loaded and after driving it as much as my wife will allow
I feel at that price I stole it and as soon as GM realizes what they have done their going to come back take it from us. My son inlaw just bought a 2008 M3 BMW for approx 70,000
and when we meet at starbucks guess which car gets all the complements. We have driven it to Buffalo 5 times now, a trip of 420 mi. She's as comfortable as our lincoln ls hugs the road like my old 1963 Austjn Healy 3000 and on one trip going at 65MPH with cruise control
buying gas at 5 gallons at a time we actually got 36.5 mpg. The interior is cool and It's plastic. Road and track says plastic in american cars is cheap but the same plastic in their
beloved japanese cars is minimalistic and in a german car they call it spartin... Guess what
we have 13,000 miles on this incredible car and It's been a dream. We have owned 8 cars
since we were married and this little honey takes the cake. Oh and I don't work for GM http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/images/smilies/wink2.gif

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
im working on a completely new interior right now, new design, everything.. i reall ydo like the sol's interior tho, clean simple and driver focused, im just going for more exotic
Me three. I decided to get everything done in carbonfiber. Its costing a fortune, but it will be bad ass. The waterfall keeps yelling middle
woofer to me. I use those cupholders alot, and store my handgun in that compartment. I saw this lambo where they molded a woofer in between the seats. I think it can be pulled off without looking too ricey.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
when i was in school i learned carbon fiber, i have 5 yeard in the garage ready for the interior, im workin on center dash pieces, relocting everything to the middle, ill get some sketch rederings up soon, will probably have a few 8 or 10" woofers in the middle..

i recently did an install on my prowler.. did every thing in school turned out amazing..
MySpace.com - ☠SCOTT☠ The Prowler

·
Registered
873 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

That is what swayed me over to my SLY -- I would not have a SOL if the interior were a solid color.
I feel the same way. That was the main thing deterring me from a GXP. I did not want a solid balck interior. I really wish they had the ebony and sand back when I bought my car. This has been discussed many times but, the original brochure looked like the interior actually WAS ebony and sand. No matter though. I love my car with steel/sand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:cool:
I feel the same way. That was the main thing deterring me from a GXP. I did not want a solid balck interior. I really wish they had the ebony and sand back when I bought my car. This has been discussed many times but, the original brochure looked like the interior actually WAS ebony and sand. No matter though. I love my car with steel/sand.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

That is what swayed me over to my SLY -- I would not have a SOL if the interior were a solid color.
:agree: I was walking across a dealship to look at cobalt saw the int from behind. A salesmen saw me. I said :cool: , he said 18k... I said :wtf:... $$$, he says :dthumbs: I go :party:... in that order. I had never really even looked that close at one before. The rest of the car was pretty cool too;)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I bought a cool GXP auto in 2007 for my wife. To say we love this car would be an understatement...... I paid 28,900 loaded and after driving it as much as my wife will allow
I feel at that price I stole it and as soon as GM realizes what they have done their going to come back take it from us. My son inlaw just bought a 2008 M3 BMW for approx 70,000
and when we meet at starbucks guess which car gets all the complements. We have driven it to Buffalo 5 times now, a trip of 420 mi. She's as comfortable as our lincoln ls hugs the road like my old 1963 Austjn Healy 3000 and on one trip going at 65MPH with cruise control
buying gas at 5 gallons at a time we actually got 36.5 mpg. The interior is cool and It's plastic. Road and track says plastic in american cars is cheap but the same plastic in their
beloved japanese cars is minimalistic and in a german car they call it spartin... Guess what
we have 13,000 miles on this incredible car and It's been a dream. We have owned 8 cars
since we were married and this little honey takes the cake. Oh and I don't work for GM http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/images/smilies/wink2.gif

My wife and have a 2006 Sol and we love it. We have 15000 over the road miles.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ours is red with the Steel/Sand interior. My complaints are the cheap plastic and, as discussed earlier, the easy to scratch radio display. I made the mistake of wiping dust off with my fingers and now have these stupid scratches. Can you buy that part? We've added all weather solstice floor mats, stubby antenna, lil chromies, intake/exhaust. Looking to get the newer medal pedals and rear spoiler. May do a dash kit. Needs something to liven it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I made the mistake of wiping dust off with my fingers and now have these stupid scratches. Can you buy that part?
Probably not. most radios come as one piece deals, but with gm using the same radio in almost all their models you might get lucky. I've been thinking of changing the radio out myself ( equalizer doesn't sound good as some other radios, no pause button) but I have had a hard time finding a redio that isn't reall busy and or doesn't distract from the rest of the interior. Anyone have any luck with radio swaps?

·
Registered
399 Posts
My complaints are the cheap plastic and, as discussed earlier, the easy to scratch radio display. I made the mistake of wiping dust off with my fingers and now have these stupid scratches. Can you buy that part?
I scratched mine too but I used the "DLO Care Kit for iPod" to clean up and remove them. Took a lot of careful work (I masked off the radio first) and 3 applications but it looks as good as new now.

My only complaint is the easy way that the door panels scuff and unfortunately there's no easy way to remove those scratches.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I scratched mine too but I used the "DLO Care Kit for iPod" to clean up and remove them. Took a lot of careful work (I masked off the radio first) and 3 applications but it looks as good as new now.

My only complaint is the easy way that the door panels scuff and unfortunately there's no easy way to remove those scratches.
I have used a heat gun in the past to heat up the plastic to make the scratches go away. Fine line between repair and melting the plastic but it works.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I like the simplicity of the Solstice interior.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Ours is red with the Steel/Sand interior. My complaints are the cheap plastic and, as discussed earlier, the easy to scratch radio display. I made the mistake of wiping dust off with my fingers and now have these stupid scratches. Can you buy that part? We've added all weather solstice floor mats, stubby antenna, lil chromies, intake/exhaust. Looking to get the newer medal pedals and rear spoiler. May do a dash kit. Needs something to liven it up.
I left the factory plastic cover on my new gxp radio because I scratch my first base solstice radio glass. To me it looks fine with it on and it will never get scratch again.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I like the simplicity of the interior. But I do feel they could have done a couple things better.

Window switches in the center console.
Door map pockets, or a door net like the Crossfire has.
Cubby hole in the center console to put a cellphone.
A small cubby hole on the drivers side of the dash like the Cobalt has.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to say that the plain / spartan interior was one of the reasons I picked the Solstice over the Miata... Thought that the Miata, with all of the plastic and shiny trim across the dash, just looked even cheaper.

The Solstice was more of a throwback to English sports cars - and I still like it! I admit it's plastic, but at least it's not "in your face" plastic.

Yes, I would have liked better cupholders, and a few small storage bins, for cell phones, etc. That is annoying.

Some of the photos of dash mods look good, but for now, I'm sticking with it as is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who makes the padded center consol? Mine is begging to flex and crack. It was like that when I bought in but if im gonna replace it I might want to upgrade

41 - 56 of 56 Posts